1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloak Room in Railway Stations

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Vani, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Vani

Vani New Member

I am going to three different destinations in India, and there will be some things which I would not need during the trip. I would like to know whether Agra, Delhi and Jaipur railway station have cloak rooms?

What are the charges for the cloakrooms?

Are the cloakrooms safe? I would not keep any valuable things but just general things.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's the answers to your questions:

Yes, all major railway stations have their own cloakrooms. The Agra and Jaipur Cloakrooms are both located in Platform 1. The Delhi Cloakrooms are located in Platform 1 and Platform 16.

The charge per each luggage per day is Rs 15. You can then pick it up after your trip for the day. Make sure that you avoid lunch or dinner hours as the cloakroom would be closed.

Yes, they are generally safe, I've never heard of anyone having their items stolen from cloakrooms. But make sure you have locks on your suitcases as they won't accept them without locks. You can even keep your luggage there for up to a month, provided you paid the fees.

Here's what you might need:
    • A valid train ticket
    • ID
    • Receipt given to you (You'd need it to claim your luggage)
    I hope this helps!

Chahal likes this.