1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost Of Hiring A Taxi For A Month For Rajasthan

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Jessica_91, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

Hello,

I am looking for an idea of costs involved in hiring a taxi with with driver for around a month to month and a half. I am trying to decide if it would be cheaper to hire a taxi for different legs of my journey or just hire one taxi at Delhi when I land and keep for the whole duration of my holidays in India.

I only need a small hatchback to keep the prices lower as I would most likely be traveling on my own as my travel partner search is getting no where till now.

I am not sure how long term taxi prices work, I am guessing it would be on per day basis with a set number of kilometers included in the price. I am hoping some one could give me a few options.

Thanks
    Jessica

Sunil Kumar likes this.

2. anshuman

anshuman New Member

It would be cheaper to hire a taxi for different legs of the journey. Whats important is you take a taxi from a very reputed company. Its better to travel safely in trains than being unsafe in a taxi.

Jessica_91 likes this.

3. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

@anshuman Thanks for the advise but from what I understand I would need to have train reservations done well in advance and that is not an option for me as I tend to have a change of plan mid way, like for example if I like a place I would stay a few extra day or even a week so managing this kind of travel plan and having train reservations would not go well together.

What I am after is the per day price of hiring a taxi with driver for a longer duration and then compare with what it would cost from point to point and if the difference is not too big then I would take a taxi for the whole duration as it would be more convenient to travel that way at whatever places I stay and sightseeing would be a lot easier.

4. anshuman

anshuman New Member

Then look for a good taxi service. Have a nice stay !

5. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

That is my problem, I don't know what makes a taxi company good or bad and where to look for. There are plenty of results on Google but I have no idea what those companies are like and what sort of screening their drivers go through besides other things.

6. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

If you hire a taxi for long term you can get it for less then Rs10 per Km. I will give you an example of 30 days to give you a general idea of what to expect :

Taxi charges Rs8 per Km with a minimum charge of 200Kms per day so for 30 days you would be charged 30X200 = 6000Kms and that would be 6000X8 = 48000 Rs for the full 30 days provided your total distance traveled is less then 6000Kms which I am sure it will be.

There is a lot of room for bargaining that minimum Km per day charge and bring it down to something like a 150Km or even less. Depends on the people who you deal with.

I hope this helps.

Jessica_91 likes this.
  7. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Make sure you get your taxi from a reputed company. I cannot define what would classify as a reputed company but if you list out some names here then members would be happy to pick good names for you if you feel the need. Go with a well known brand even if it means spending a little extra.

Jessica_91 likes this.
  8. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

My suggestion would be to get a point to point taxi instead of keeping it for the whole duration. For instance when you leave Delhi you can hire a taxi two days before you leave Delhi and for another two days after reaching the first destination and this way you would have the taxi for 4-5 days and you can use it in Delhi for two days and then two days at your next destination for sight seeing.

Most places in Rajasthan are best explored on foot like Jaisalmer and Pushkar where you do not need a taxi atall as everything is walking distance. Just make sure you don't go there in summers. Jaipur is one place where you would surely need a taxi for every where you go sigh seeing so keep it with you for longer.

This way you can cut the taxi costs by 50% or even more depending upon the way you do it.

BadBoy and Jessica_91 like this.
  9. Deven

Deven Member

I personally think that getting a taxi for a whole month is not a good idea as it would work out to be costly. You would be better off hiring a taxi when you need to go on long journeys and when you want to go local site seeing just get an auto.

10. mscaver86

mscaver86 New Member

I do not think it would be a good idea to pay for a cab for a whole month. I would calculate my trip and see if it is worth it. Is this your first time going? Do you know how much you are going to be traveling. Are there trollies and tour buses for sight seeing? This are some of the things I would factor in before I make that final decision.

11. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

@mscaver86 Have a read through this post about how much a taxi would cost for the whole month. Taxis are not as costly in India as they are in US.

12. mscaver86

mscaver86 New Member

@Jessica_91 Yes, I read the post that is why I responded I was just giving options! I love tour buses and trollies when I travel which I do a lot. Have a safe trip!