1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel partner for Rajasthan

Discussion in 'Travel Partners' started by Jessica_91, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

Hello,

Its like I cannot have enough of India. I am planning to come back to India for an extended holiday in the state of Rajasthan and may be go down South again to Goa for a short duration. Below is what I am looking to do :

Number of days : 45-60

When : October-November

Destinations I would be covering :

Jaipur ( One week)
    Pushkar (One week)
    Jodhpur (3-4 days)
    Udaipur (3-4 days)
    Jaisalmer (Atleast a week)
    Ranthambore (A good week to week and a half as I want to see tigers there)
    Shekhawati (3-4 days)
    Bundi (3-4 days)
    Neemrana (Just the fort for a day or two)

This is not a complete list and is in no order so it is very flexible. I am posting this here to see if someone has a similar itinerary or may be just a part of it.

It would be great if I can find someone who would be willing to share the cost of a taxi which I plan to hire for the whole duration. I am very flexible with the dates so don't hesitate to ask. I would prefer someone who is driving and I can pay for gas which would still work out a lot cheaper for me as opposed to paying for a taxi all by myself.

I am open to suggestions and very flexible with my travel plan.

Thanks
    Jessica

Debapriya Deb, Gori Bride and Chahal like this.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

You would get more responses if you specified male or female and a few more details may be.

Jessica_91 likes this.

3. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

That does make sense. I missed out on such details. I dont see an edit button so I am going to add here in this reply :

I would prefer a male travel partner but I am not really fussed. One thing I do need is that spoken English should be good, that is all I can think of.

Abhishek likes this.
  4. Abhishek

Abhishek New Member

hi jessica :)
    i'm also planning to visit rajasthan in the month of october for a duration of 2 or 3 weeks. I would be driving all by myself so i could really use a company .

Thanks,
    Abhishek

Jessica_91 likes this.
  5. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

@Abhishek

Thanks for your interest. Do you have any itinerary chalked out yet? or any idea what all places you would be visiting and how long you plan to stay there?

Abhishek likes this.
  6. Abhishek

Abhishek New Member

No not yet .
    I would like to visit udaipur, jodhpur,pushkar or jaipur in the span of two or three weeks

7. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

I will see if I can find some one who has a 6-8 weeks plan while I have time and if not I will give you a shout.

On a side note you only seem to have registered today and you dont have a picture in your avatar either. Not that I am asking for it, just saying.

8. Abhishek

Abhishek New Member

As your wish dear. And as far as the photo is concerned i will upload it soon

Jessica_91 likes this.
  9. anshuman

anshuman New Member

If you want to see real India, visit Varanasi once for a week.

theexplore, Jessica_91 and Chahal like this.
  10. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

I did look at Varanasi as some of my friends have been there but that place is crowded and I am looking for a bit relaxed holiday and not too keen on hustle and bustle of narrow lanes that they have at Varanasi. I might go there on my next trip in a year or two when I go to the North Eastern states. I have been to India before and last time I covered South India and Goa and this time I am only planning on seeing the state of Rajasthan and take some good pictures there.

11. anshuman

anshuman New Member

Have you contacted anyone to plan you itinerary ?

12. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

Havent contacted anyone. I spoke to a travel agent here and I myself have a better idea of India then they do so I am just looking at the map and planning things accordingly. I have not come up with a final plan yet as I am waiting to see if I can find some one to tag along. I dont have a problem going solo because I have traveled through Brazil and Australia for six months each on my own before so I am used to it.

13. Prateek Harshwal

Prateek Harshwal New Member

Hey. I am a resident of Jaipur, Rajasthan and have visited almost all the places you mentioned. I think Pushkar & Ranthambore would not need a week of your plans. Pushkar is a holy city and there isn't much to see apart from local resorts which are really peaceful and same for Ranthambore which is a Tiger Reserve. If you get lucky you will sight Tiger in your first trip to reserve, if not then even a week is a short time. But the resorts/hotels there are just awesome. Apart from that there isn't much to do there. Also this year Diwali will be on 13 November, its our biggest festival. Jaipur is decorated like a bride on season. Most of the main markets of walled city are decorated with lights and you would like it to view it from the top of Nahargarh fort (attache image).
    You mentioned that you don't want to go crowded places, Jaipur will be crowded but it surely is the best time to visit during diwali. You may contact for any info if you need like which place to eat or stay or places worth visiting that aren't very famous in and around Jaipur.
    Regards

DhongiBaba, ChaiNashta and Jessica_91 like this.
  14. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

@Prateek Harshwal

Thanks for your inputs, that is very kind of you. I will keep that in mind.

15. lucky

lucky New Member

Hey, I will be travelling Rajasthan in the month of November. I already traveled once to Rajasthan and been to few places but i didn't get much time to explore, so this time i have planned to stay for some time and go see some historical places. My dates are flexible & mostly i will be travelling through taxi , so it would be great if i get some company.
    Thanks....

Jessica_91 likes this.
  16. Dihadi Mazdoor

Dihadi Mazdoor New Member

My honest advise is to find a female travel partner who is a local or even from where ever you are from. It would be much safer and better for you.

It would also be better if you mentioned what age group you are after else you be getting messages from teenagers which you may have already realized I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2015
    Jessica_91 likes this.
  17. Rumikhan

Rumikhan New Member

Me my two friends will be going to Pushkar in the month of October during the fair and will also go to Ranthambore but that is all we are doing and our trip will be two weeks. Please let me know if you want to align that leg of your holiday with us to be able to join us lot.

Thanks
    Rumi

18. prashanth.prasha

prashanth.prasha New Member

Hi people ....! We r two guys heading out on a pan India trip starting 28th-30 th August by road from Bangalore ... Anybody interested to join us to enjoy the round trip & to share the costs ....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. LakshMahajan

LakshMahajan New Member

What kind of festival is held in Pushkar?

20. Rumikhan

Rumikhan New Member

Every year a camel fair/festival is held there and lots of people go there to see that.

21. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

That is what I am after. How long do you plan to stay at Pushkar and do you know the hotel you be staying at by any chance?

22. Rumikhan

Rumikhan New Member

I dont know yet but total duration for both Ranthambore and Pushkar would be two weeks. At Pushkar there is a hotel right next to the lake near Sun set cafe but I dont remember the name. I will pull out the bills from last time and see if I can find out the name. It is a nice property. I have no idea about where we would stay at Ranthambore.

Jessica_91 likes this.
  23. Jermy

Jermy New Member

Can i help you out my dear? If then you can contact me with pleasure.

24. Hasrat Ali Bhati

Hasrat Ali Bhati New Member

Hey Jessica,I live in Jaipur and I can help you travelling Rajasthan just buzz if interested...

25. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

Thanks for your interest guys. I will let you guys know once I have a final plan and dates. I am still working on my itinerary and dates.

26. mscaver86

mscaver86 New Member

Hey Jessica, have you ever been to India before? Is there a certain reason that you are going or are you going just to experience the culture? About how much is the cost? I am asking all these questions because I may be interested in going let me know thanks!

27. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

Yes I spent my last holiday in South India and Goa. This time is is going to be a western state of Rajasthan.

The forts, palaces, affordable hotels, cheap taxis and the culture ofcourse. Then there is Pushkar which is very popular with "fun loving" westerners. There is a lot more then just the weed really.

Decent hotels are costly but I only need a half decent one which is "very cheap". Pushkar where I am going to spend a bit of time I have found a hotel that would cost me Rs1300 per night and there is a swimming pool aswell. Food they serve is not very good but there are plenty of places to eat at a walking distance.

You just need to know where to look for things.

28. Chrisanswer

Chrisanswer New Member

Hope you find the right person. I would make sure you place a high premium on safety when seeking out a travel partner. You should find out as much as you can about them before you decide whether they are the right person to trip with. I'm looking to go back to India myself, but I wont have the money until next year. How do you get so much time off work to be able to go for so long? I'm jealous. The south of India is my favourite part as its much less tourist based, and you feel like your seeing the real India. Make sure you tell us how you got on.

29. btalivny

btalivny Member

Whoever you decide to go with, be careful. Many individuals have malicious intents. Before you go, let people know who you are going with exactly. Look up their information, social media, etc so that in the unlikely scenario that something does go wrong, that you have a general peace of mind. I am sorry to bring the pessimistic topic up but I feel that safety is always a top priority, regardless of gender.

30. Vnisha

Vnisha New Member

Goa is a beautiful city of beaches. Jaipur is a city of royal life. There you can explore beautiful India. India is a country which is known for high seat of knowledge. We can go there and roam around beautiful cities to explore the real beauty.
    One more thing I wanna share you, you should go for Chandigarh. There you can taste delicious Punjabi street food.