1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling In The Mountains

Discussion in 'Trekking and Mountaineering' started by DevilKid, Oct 25, 2015.

1. DevilKid

DevilKid New Member

I am planning to do a charity cycle run sometime next year in the himalayas. Do you have any experience of what or where I could do it? I want it to be as cost effective as possible since I am doing it for charity and I believe most of the money should go towards charities and not just on the trip.

2. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

Do you plan on renting a bike or do you plan on bringing your own bike? My cousin rides and he does not want to ride a bike other than his own. He loves to ride his bike because he has invested thousand of dollars into it, but then it takes forever to transport it from place to place.

3. Banji

Banji New Member

I can imagine that if you spend thousands of dollars for a bike, you would want to ride it everywhere, especially in exotic places. On the other hand, I don't know if I would trust such an expensive and valued piece of equipment in the cargo of a plane.

4. Mindy

Mindy Member

I am not one for cycling up a mountain. Unless, of course, you can do it with the one of the modern e-bikes. However, I've heard that they are not as easy as you would think, either. You still have to use your own strength.

5. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

This is something I've been meaning to do and love doing there's nothing like it and seeing the mountains and surrounding environment on a bike.

6. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

Yes if one is planning on doing this they're going to have to invest in a carbon fiber bike which is much lighter than other bikes and some equipment just in case they encounter flats.

7. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

What kind of bike is it ? I bet it's full carbon. Full carbon bikes can and run up to thousands of dollars but it must be a nice beautiful bike.

8. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

I would try to go on gofundme and put your charity plans up there to let people know I'm sure a lot of people will be willing to help out financially in terms of being able to provide to someone some financial assistance for charity ride bike.

9. Sammie

Sammie Member

That's a great idea DevilKid. I love to bike but wonder how hard it would be up in the mountains with all those hills. I guess if you take your time and don't try speeding the whole way it would be a nice, scenic way to see the mountain views.