1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hole in the Wall Cafe

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Funnyface, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Funnyface

Funnyface New Member

I am going to Koramangala which is in Bangalore for the first time. I have always heard about the famous cafe by the name of Hole in the Wall Cafe, and that it is a must try.

As I am in the are I would not miss a chance to go to the cafe, but I need help from those who have been to the cafe before.
    I would like to know what dishes I should try out. It is not like I would be able to go there on a regular basis to try something new every time, so this one time that I will be there, I want to try the best things they have.

Is this an only breakfast place or they have things for lunch and dinner as well?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Funnyface. Welcome to the forum!

The Hole in the Wall Cafe is run by the city-based band Galeej Gurus frontman, Nathan Harris. The cafe was designed by his wife, Lynn, who had dreamed of having her own place even as a little girl. It is located in Koramangala in Bangalore.

The walls of the cafe are surrounded by aesthetic paintings, wall hangings and other knick-knacks giving it a quirky appeal to the place. You can also find pictures of Jimi Hendrix, Rajini and even paintings by amateur artists. There's an outdoor seating area and of course, an indoor area as well.

The cafe mainly serves American cuisine. They have an all-day breakfast menu with a huge variety of waffles, pancakes, omelettes and some burgers and sandwiches. For the vegetarians, they can opt for the veggie sandwiches. The cafe also serves some smoothies and milkshakes. There are also some pastries in the menu as well as other baked goods like muffins and cakes.

Here are some of their best-sellers:

All-Day Breakfast Dishes
    • All-English Breakfast - A delicious spread of sausages, bacon, two fried eggs, baked beans, sautéed mushrooms, mashed potato, grilled tomato and two slices of bread with butter.
    • Chicken Hole Nine-Yards Hash - A traditional American breakfast with two diced hash browns, chicken salami, chicken ham and chicken sausage tossed with sautéed onions, jalapeños, capsicums and mushrooms. It also comes with two brown breads with butter and two fried eggs.
    • Hangover Remedy - This has two spicy fried eggs with chilli, coriander, cheese and served with two slices of brown bread with butter.
    Waffles and Pancakes
    • Funky Monkey Waffles - Two slices of waffles topped with bananas, chocolate chips, condensed milk and chocolate sauce.
    Vegetarian Dishes
    • Veggie Burger - Their house veggie burger served with lettuce and onions.
    • Veggie Sub-In-Your-Tub Sandwich - A sandwich with a choice of any four of the following: cheese, jalapeños, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, capsicums, pickled cucumbers and olives.
    • The Hole's Paneer and Spinach Sandwich - A delicious combination of paneer and spinach in one sandwich.
    Meaty Dishes
    • BELT - This is comprised of bacon, egg, lettuce and tomatoes all wrapped in a grilled sandwich.
    • Mama I'm Coming Home - This is a submarine layered with bacon, ham, cheese and caramelised onions.
    • Roast Beef Hoagie - Roast beef sandwich smothered with cheese, onion and green pepper.
    They mostly have breakfast dishes although their sandwiches and burgers can be alternatives for lunch and dinner.

I hope this helps!

3. djtravels

djtravels Member

Its not just a breakfast place, but most people prefer having their breakfast there. You should try the "English breakfast" which is what most people order. Also, if you're there at some other time of the day, as mentioned by the poster above, they do offer meals all day long. However, it has been my observation that the next best thing to their English Breakfast are the desserts. So, if you've a sweet tooth, try their pastries.