1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa in the rains

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by iamawriter, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Goa_-_An_Overcast_Season_(16).JPG

A lush green Goa awaits you with pregnant seas that sometimes look angry. That is the time of year when Goa is not too crowded and this time is meant for those who want to spend some beautiful days away from the madding crowds.
    The hotels have discounted rates and you are noticed. Atleast that is what I felt when we stayed in a 3 star hotel where we got a lot of attention as the waiters and bearers had very few to attend to.

You can do your bookings with booking.com that have several alternatives to choose from. Once there the hotel will offer you packages that will cover the length and breadth of Goa.

Image Source: File:Goa - An Overcast Season (16).JPG - Wikimedia Commons

2. Prits

Prits Member

Goa in rains I personally don't think is a good idea because you miss out on the actual motive of going which is a beach holiday and if it's raining well you can not really be on the beach can you? Not much fun is left for going to tourist places and water sports is a big no due to the rain, which you get on most of the days during the monsoons.

If you want to go some place for getting some attention from waiters then I suppose there are many other places to go to, during the off peak season.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

It is a matter of different strokes for different folks. I thoroughly enjoyed those 3 days including the waiters' attention (lol) We went on those North and South Goa sightseeing tours, had a nice boat ride on the Mandovi River and watching reveliers getting soaked on the beach and enjoying the rain on them is a sight one does not see everyday. The only thing we missed was a visit to the Doodhsagar Waterfalls which are worth seeing during the rainy season. Goa is cool during the monsoons and that is an added attraction.

Doodhsagar_Waterfalls.jpg
    Image source: Wikimedia Commons