1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destination ideas for May

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Mgate, Mar 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mgate

Mgate New Member

A colleague and I will be visiting Mumbai for work at the end of April and neither of us has been to India before so we would like to park a few days at the end of work to see something bit more exciting than Mumbai and Delhi.

Initially we decided to see Taj Mahal, but now after getting to know how hot it would be in May we have decided to drop that plan and we are wondering what anyone could do during summer days. It will be really helpful if anyone could suggest somewhere worth visiting or maybe some cool places to wander.

Thanks in advance.
    Mr. Gate

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

If you have decided to drop Taj Mahal then consider going to Shimla, Kullu-Manali, Dharamsha, Darjeeling or somewhere up in North India. These places stay below 30°C during summer time too, rest if you can let us know your interests, budget and time frame then we can help you better :)

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Mussorie, Nainital, Mukteshwar and if you want to go higher up you could go to Munsiyari sort of places too. There are so many hill stations in India. Leh is another place that I would highly recommend and getting there is the easiest because you can take a direct flight from Delhi.

4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

From Mumbai go to 'Mahabaleshwar' it is a nice hill station and is the most closest to Mumbai(around 300km). Kate point and veena lake are a must visit! this hill station has a lot to explore!

Other hill stations you could enjoy are:
    Shimla,Ooty(both have a very well planned toy train system,but I think the one in Shimla might have been closed), Kodaikanal,Kullu-Manali
    Darjeeling-Gangtok(if you go to Darjeeling Gangtok is a must, depending on budget and time, easily board a flight from Mumbai to Bagdogra and then a taxi to Darjeeling(not more than 2hrs)..

INCREDIBLE INDIA!