1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between North India and South India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by solosoul, Dec 8, 2014.

1. solosoul

solosoul New Member

Hi folks

I am in North India from 1 month now and about to leave for South India soon, I have been able to get an idea from blogs that South India is different from North India, but I didn't know what impression travellers get from South India and how it is different from North India, can somebody enlighten me on this or share your travel experience. I am planning to stay in South India for a month at least.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

India is different every 10 kilometers not just North and South. The accent changes every few kilometers and every couple of hundred kilometers it is possible that you would be at a place that has a completely different language and culture. It is a very diverse country.

Major difference between Southern part of India and the North is weather, North gets extreme of both hot and cold but in South India it is a bit moderate and winters are not that cold. In South India the old temples and monuments are better protected due to less violent history as compared to North where the Mougals did whatever they could to destroy the basic fabric of the country and a lot of old temples were either razed to the ground of Mosques built on top of the same foundations and disputes are on till this day and age.