1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort Goa

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Zelda, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Zelda

Zelda New Member

The Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort in Goa provides cottages and I am not too sure about the different types of cottages they have. I would like someone to please explain to me the different cottages they provide with a rough idea of costs and the facilities provided.

Please provide details about the size of the bed provided in the cottages?

Does the resort provide services on the beach?

I know the resort has a pool, can that be used at night as well?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Zelda! Welcome to the forum!

The Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort is located near Calangute Beach. It was built in the year 1979 and has been in the industry for over 30 years now. They are well-known for their Comfort of Home hospitality which is why guests keep coming back to the resort. Water sports, children's play area, restaurant, you name it, they have it. They are one of the best luxury resorts in Goa and you are sure that you'd receive high quality service and amenities.

The resort has two types of cottages:

1. Swiss Cottage - This cottage has one floor with a garden view. It is made of wood and has complete amenities. It is reminiscent of the famous Swiss chalets. Its bathroom has dual sections, one is the separate shower cubicle and the other one is the toilet cubicle.
    • Amenities - Air conditioning, private balcony, centre table, satellite television, intercom, tea/coffee maker, electronic safe, ceiling fan, wardrobe cabinet, mini-bar, refrigerator and attached modern bathroom.
    • Tariff - Rs. 30,000 per night.
    2. Grand Swiss Cottage - This is a ground plus one structure. It is very spacious and can easily accommodate a family or group. It also has its own private balcony with comfortable sofas for enjoying the views.
    • Amenities - Air conditioning, chandelier, private balcony, centre table, satellite television, intercom, tea/coffee maker, electronic safe, ceiling fan, wardrobe cabinet, mini-bar, refrigerator and attached modern bathroom.
    • Tariff - Rs. 5,300 per night.
    Both cottages come with a queen-sized bed, which is about 60 inches wide by 80 inches long.

Yes, the resort does provide services and amenities for the beach like the following:
    • Safety deposit boxes at the beach shack (seasonal).
    • Picnic area in the beach.
    • Beach-side sun loungers with parasols (seasonal).
    • Beach towels.
    • Tie-ups with water sports activities nearby (chargeable).
    The swimming pool is open from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm only. It is not open for use beyond the times specified.

I hope this helps.:)