1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exotic Cocktails?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Aja, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Aja

Aja Member

I am not a huge drinker, however, I do enjoy an occasional cocktail every now and then. Are there any special exotic cocktails that India is famous for? Are there any that I could actually make myself?

2. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

I imagine gin based cocktails would be popular. I have had rose flavoured cocktails before too, at an Indian themed social evening with food and drinks. They were very refreshing and unusual, and worth trying at home.

3. Benti

Benti New Member

I think you might be right about gin, Angelswings. I, myself, am not too familiar with gin cocktails. Mixed drinks, yes, but cocktails - no. I think more cocktails are made with rum or tequila.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Oh, the only Indian drinks I know are lassis and tea - and both of those are decidedly non alcoholic!

A spiked mango lassi though would be kind of cool!

5. Barty

Barty New Member

There are, indeed, some very good cocktails made with gin. For instance, a couple of classics - a martini or a Tom Collins. However, I can see where those may also be considered 'mixed drinks'. Although, a cocktail is basically a 'mixed drink'.

6. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

I never thought about the difference between a cocktail and a mixed drink, maybe because we tend to use the word cocktail for anything with more than one ingredient.

I did a bit of reading and it seems that a true cocktail needs a second alcohol source, would you agree? I also found a recipe similar to the cocktail I mentioned before, and it has gin, bitters, rose water, and a liqueur made from another flower.