1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Time Traveler to India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Billy, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Billy

Billy New Member

I am going to be travelling to India for the first time. India is a country which I have only read about and never thought of visiting until my wife suggested that it is a country which we should visit this year. I have read about all the difference parts of India and to be honest every part if different, so the question is which place should I visit first.

Being a first time traveler to India I want to make this trip memorable and visit you can say the most popular places in India, but I don't know which places. I need some help from forum members to guide to me which destinations in India I should choose for my first visit.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There are a lot of factors involved that would dictate my suggestions and you have not revealed enough information like what time of the year are you planning for your holiday and also what kind of destinations you like. If you interested in history, forts and old palaces etc then Rajasthan is the must visit state. You could start from Delhi then go for the taj mahal at Agra and then straight to Jaipur to cover some places in Rajasthan and that should take away two weeks. In about a months time it will get hot and unbearable heat during the day so if you want to do this then either do it right now or wait for summers to be over. For summers there is plenty to see in the mountains as we have the Himalayas where we have plenty of hill stations that you can go for.

It would help if you provided more information or asked specific questions.