1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itinerary for first time traveller

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Diego3876, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Diego3876

Diego3876 New Member

Hi All

I am landing in Delhi on 21st January and have a month to spend in India. I do not have any itinerary till now so can you help me with that please? Places which I want to visit are:
    Delhi, Mumbai, Goa, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Varanasi and Shimla.

I want to spend less time in Varanasi and Agra and want to extend my stay in Goa, please suggest the best mode of transport too.

2. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

For such long distances which are too short for flights I would suggest trains. Trains are very cheap in India but make sure you make your reservations well in advance.

3. Dune Dude

Dune Dude New Member

You are lucky to be able to get a whole month to visit. Some people have to cram it all in in just a couple of weeks. Still, if you are trying to do too much, it can be more stressful than relaxing, so choose well.

4. You can Hire a private car for some north India and Rajasthan fort & palace tour rest part like Shimla Mumbai Goa you can do via fllights or trains.
    Here are suggestion Itenary:
    Delhi 2nights>Shimla 2 nights by train /flight >Varansi 2 nights perfect stay >Agra 1 Nights stay> Agra to Rajasthan by private Car Jaipur 2 nights> Manadawa 1 night > Bikaner 1 night >Jaisalmer 2nights >Jodhpur 2Nights > 1 Night Ranakpur > 2 night Udaipur > 1night Kumbhalgarh >1 night Pushkar > 2 night Ranthambore >2 night Bundi >1 Night Bharatpur> Jaipur car service ends flight for Mumbai 3 night stay in Mumbai perfect explore Ajanata alora caves, Juhu chopati, CST, Mahatama Ganadhi Ashram Museum> Flight to Goa Rest in Goa for 3- 5 days.
    Car cost for a sedan 250 km minimum running charge ,maximum as per calender day car travel 9-11 per km cost
    For a SUV car 11-15 rs per km.

5. naiara

naiara New Member

India is huge and has an enormous variety of things to do and see. I would try first the basics, like Delhi, Mumbai and Goa personally and make sure I would not miss Udaipur, the most romantic place in India, according to web guides, Bandhavgarh National Park, Konark and Rajasthani Handicrafts the probably most beautiful and colorful atmosphere on earth.

6. Aja

Aja Member

Train rides are awesome. You get to see much more of the country that way. Especially if you only have a short time to spend on such a trip.

7. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

A whole month in India is a dream come true ! My mother in law recently visited and was only able to muster up 2 weeks there which was really short. You can see a lot in a months time. Happy traveling !

8. leahcim132

leahcim132 New Member

I agree with this. I am planning on taking a train in a few months as I will be there for about 1 month as well. My friends that have done this all agreed that it was an unforgettable experience.