1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food in Chandigarh

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Preet, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Preet

Preet New Member

This is my first post on the forum and since I am a big foodie the post is obviously going to be about food. I have visited quite a few places across India and one thing I always look forward to is the food! Being a Delhite you get all kinds of food here, from regional cuisines to my favorite street food, and after Chandigarh the place is to be is Chandigarh. Now if you are a gol guppa (pani puri) fan then Chandigarh is a must. You have probably had your regular gol guppas but Chandigarh has a joint by the name of Ram Chaat Bhandar which sells tikkis, gol guppas and chaats. The specialty of this joint is all of its three items and it is busy all 7 days of the week.

The owner comes Ambala and opens the joint at around 4pm till 9pm. My favorite food at Ram Chaat Bandhar is the gol guppas, you may think why? Well it is because the gol guppas they sell are with six different types of pani and that too with RO water. The different types of pani given are jeera pani, hing pani, lemon kevera, pudina pani, amrood pani, mitha pani and the last being a dahi pani puri. The tikkis are equally good and unlike most places where you get one small tikki they give two large sized tikkis with the regular chutneys and dahi loaded with kismish. The last product is chaat which is supposed to be very good as well but I have not tasted as by the time I get to the chaat I am fully stuffed. All three items cost Rs40 and if ever in Chandigarh it is a places you must visit.

Rahul likes this.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I have been there too. It is a tiny little shop and there are lots of people waiting for their turn all the time. I am not a big fan of gol gappas but their conscept of different types of water is good. They keep coming up with new flavors from time to time.

3. Sunny

Sunny New Member

Actually that particular place now has more than one shop from a different owner who serve gol guppas with seven different types of water. The Ram Chaat Bhandar has branches in Ambala and Hoshiarpur as well.

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

WoW ! A chain of gol gappa shops. What is this world coming to.

5. Rahul

Rahul New Member

Chandigarh is some what like Delhi when it comes too food, a bit of everything from all across India and a place full of snacks.

It's good that gol guppa chain of shops would be opened, they would have a good reputation and the quality of the water would be assured of.

6. Deven

Deven Member

There are actually particular sectors which have some very good food served, some of them are sector 17, sector 23 and some others which I can not remember. If you are new in Chandigarh you need to get some information from someone who lives there or even the forum so you dont miss out on some of the best eating places.