1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun Things To Do With Friends

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Debapriya Deb, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Who doesn't love to spend fun-filled moments with friends! From entertaining games to thrilling adventures, the prospect of an outing with friends promises lots of fun. These are the moments that make the bond of friendship stronger than ever.

One can indulge in a number of fun activities with friends. With so many interesting options out there, you can be assured of having a real blast with your close buddies. While making an all-inclusive list of fun things to do with friends can be a daunting task, let's take a quick look at some of the most amusing things that are sure to tickle the funny bones in a group of fun-loving friends.

1. Trekking is a Versatile Option

Trekking with friends can be of lots of fun. It ranks high on the list of most favorite activities among the youngsters in India. There's a smell of adventure in exploring offbeat trekking trails with friends. With the vast expanses of rolling hills, rocky terrains, captivating valleys and verdant forests, India offers ample opportunities for trekking enthusiasts to experience nature from close quarters. It is also pretty friendly to the pocket.
    Trekking in India has no bounds. No matter where you live, you can find a perfect trekking destination close by.

2. How About a Beach Holiday?

The prospect of adventure in (and under) water makes beaches attractive to the fun lovers. If you are looking to have fun with friends, a beach destination with loads of water sports activities can serve you well.
    Goa is undoubtedly the best place in India to go for a beach holiday with friends. Surfing, boarding, diving, sailing, water-scooter rides - the beaches in Goa offer you a whole lot of water sports activities to indulge in. Kovalam in Kerala can be another good choice alongwith Tarkarli in Maharashtra. If you are on a tight budget, then go for Gokarna beach in the state of Karnataka to spend some memorable time with your close friends.

3. Go for a Movie Together

Don't have enough money to plan for an outstation trip? No worries, you can plan for watching a movie together. Head to a cinema hall in your city, watch a funny comedy movie together and laugh out loud. With popcorn and cold drinks playing the supporting role, you can be assured of having a good time with your buddies.

4. Game for Games?

Games and sports can be the cheapest way to have fun with friends. Board-games or card-games can serve you well if you are too lazy to go outdoors. And if indoor games sound too tame for your unbounded spirits, then go for a game of cricket, volleyball, football or anything else that interests you. All you need to do is to find a play-ground nearby to be the Sachins, Laras, Ronaldos and Messis for a day.

5. Bike Trip With Your Gang

A short biking trip with your friends to a nearby place is a good idea. Not all of your friends may own a bike, but in that case you can ride pillions and double up the ante. Hit the winding roads and unwind yourself with a breath of fresh air.

6. Picnic and Camping

Find out a scenic spot around you, pitch your own tent house and spend a day admiring the beauty of nature. If there's a river or lake in the vicinity, then swimming and playing in the water can be the added bonus. You can either bring packed food from a restaurant or choose to cook yourself in a makeshift kitchen. Sounds interesting? Then why don't you try that out?

7. Attend a Live Concert

Fond of dance and music? If yes, then it's a great idea to go to a live concert alongwith your friends. The concert need not have to be of a renowned musician, even listening to a local band can set the mood in high spirits, especially when you are accompanied by your close friends. All you want is to have fun with friends, right?

8. Experince the Thrills of Wildlife Safari

Want to experience some thrills? Go for a jungle safari trip with your friends at one of the wildlife sanctuaries and national parks near your place. There's nothing more thrilling than spotting the wild animals in their natural habitat. Do make sure to take along an experienced forest guide to improve your chances of wildlife sightings. Here's a list of top ten wildlife sanctuaries in India where you can have lots of fun with your friends.

9. Taste the Adrenaline Rush with Adventure Sports

Looking for a dose of adrenaline rush? Adventure sports can be your best bet to bring out the daredevils in yourself and your friends. River rafting, para-sailing, microlite flying, bungee jumping, flying fox, mountain biking, skiing, ice skating - there's a whole lot of adventure prospects to keep yourselves entertained for a day or two. Find out a hand-picked list of top 30 adventure sports destinations in India to indulge in some daring stunts with your friends.

10. Be a Prankster

It can be an awesome idea to play a prank on our of your friends. Ask your friends for the ideas and help you might need to make it successful. Do keep it in mind that there's always the possibility of things going out of your hands. So be prepared to drop the ball as soon as you sense any trouble. Pranks need to be performed carefully without hurting others' sentiments. By mistake if you cross that invisible line, then you should spontaneously offer a sincere apology and try to reverse the damage done. Caution must be exercised so that in no circumstances it gets messy.

Hope you have enjoyed going through this list of fun things to do with friends. Do you have some innovative ideas to make it even better? We are all ears. Put your thinking hat on and share your funny ideas to spend some wonderful moments with friends.

Regards,
    Deb

djtravels likes this.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would throw in there attending Holi. The color festival is a great and inclusive event which really shows the vitality of Indian culture. Many of my friends have expressed a great interest in this holiday after seeing picture, and really want to share in the experience.

Debapriya Deb likes this.

3. harshitarai83

harshitarai83 New Member

There are many activities which you can do with your friends and family. You can travel in any destination like Delhi, Uttarakhand and Bhopal etc. here you can have fun loving adventurous activities like rock climbing, trekking etc. you can also see here many beautiful places also.

4. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

I love beach holidays, swimming in the sea is my favourite thing to do in the summer! How safe is it to go in the sea in India?

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Backpacking with friends could be fun, but the idea of traveling together with the same group of people for a long time would really strain the relationship you have with one another. People can fight, people can say someone isn't pulling the weight in expenses, and people would sometimes get their companions into trouble, so fights can erupt when you are stuck with the same people for a very long period of time. Sure, it may be a bonding experience, but most of the time, it isn't very good to travel in more than two's or three's, as a large group can make the mix in personalities a volatile cocktail.

6. TyCole8

TyCole8 New Member

Have you ever been on one of the backpacking excursions? I would love to take a long weekend with a small group of friends to explore one of the many beautiful terrains India has to offer. I have had my eye on hiking to the Triloknath Temple in the mountains of Northern India. As far as safety tips though, are there any precautions we could take? Aside from the potential injury implications of the difficult terrain, what are other possible threats, such as encountering unfriendly wild life or even other people?

7. Trevlr

Trevlr New Member

One can also enjoy visiting the wild animals while with a friend. I have always liked playing beach basketball whenever I am at the beach. Visiting museums is another good idea because you'll get the time to learn about the history of India. If you've never been to a tiger reserve then you can consider visiting one.

8. Thank you for posting the link to the post about offbeat treking trails. Hiking is something that I am particularly interested in. No one seems to have responded to the post I made about hiking, and I had made that before I saw this thread.

Have you personally done any of them? I'd love some personal reviews.

9. rootle

rootle Member

There are loads of beaches in India in which people swim. In fact some of them are quite overcrowded. Goa is a state that's famous for beaches and a lot of people go swimming there. You should probably look up beaches that are less crowded though. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are near Thailand but are a part of India and they have some great isolated beaches from what I hear though I haven't been there. But India has miles of coastline and you can go swimming in many places if you're confident in your ability.

10. EdmondE

EdmondE New Member

I had never thought of India about a place to go swimming. I feel sort of prejudiced about it now, but anytime someone mentions "India" and "water" in the same sentence, it always makes me feel like I should avoid it. I had planned on drinking only bottled water on my holiday, no open drinks or ice cubes. And I certainly had not planned on going swimming anywhere! But these beaches in Goa and the Andaman islands sound really intriguing.

11. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

Oh wow all of these are really great options I don't think I can recommend any of my lame ones anymore LOL. When I'm on a budget with my friends we usually just go walking in parks, look at paintings in national museums because the entrance is usually free or buy alcohol from the store and drink outside a concert, we're pretty classy like that. Trekking is also free! Google the places you want to go first and plan in advance especially if the place you're going to is new to you.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well the good news is that there is really not limit on the things that you can find to do with others, and it just all depends on the time and how much you do your research before hand. For us, the sight seeing and taking in the culture was enough, but there were others that were with who did a whole lot more, from Safari like trips to riding elephants. To each their own, I suppose.

13. audrinaa

audrinaa New Member

How is the scenery there in India? I haven't really seen that many pictures or heard much. I want to travel to new places, but I really don't see advertisements on TV for India.