1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to do in Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Srilanka' started by Sonam Malhotra, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Sonam Malhotra

Sonam Malhotra New Member

I plan to go to Sri Lanka with my cousins and we would like to be there for around two weeks.

Currently, we have no idea of where we would go in Sri Lanka or what to do, so I have decided to join the forum to find out what things to do in Sri Lanka.

We would really like to have some kind of itinerary of the things to do so we know whether we can fit everything in the two-week stay we have and also make sure we have some free days to just relax.

2. Prits

Prits Member

I understand that you do not know where to go in Sri Lanka, but providing information would be very broad to you, as there are different things to do in the different parts of Sri Lanka. But what I can do is give you an overview of some of the things to do in Srilanka and you can also visit the thread about the best places to visit in Sri Lanka and I would also provide you with a list of the top visiting places and the things to do, from this you would be able to decide where you want to stay what activities you want to do.

As a highlight, this is a list of what the beautiful country Sri Lanka has to offer:

• You can spend time at the beach and could opt for a beach stay holiday
    • Go on wildlife safaris
    • Visit famous cultural places and also do the cultural triangle
    • Visit cave temples (Golden Rock temple, Dambulla)
    • You can do trekking and hiking
    • Do whale and dolphin watching
    • Do underwater activities
    • Go on sailboats and cruises
    • Visit tea estates
    • Visit forts (Galle Fort, Fort Fredarick, Batticaloa Fort, Arripu Fort, Negombo Fort)
    • Go on a cave tour
    • White water river rafting
    • Hot Air Ballooning
    • Rain Forest camping
    • Visit Sigiriya
    • Visit a Turtle Hatchery
    • Caving
    • Buduruwagala
    • Gal Vihara (Buddha rock carvings)
    • Kandy to Ella train journey

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018

3. Karan

Karan Member

To add to this information given by Prits I would like to give you a list of the top destinations to visit in Sri Lanka, where you will find the activities mentioned above.

Kandy
    Trincomalee
    Nilaveli
    Ella
    Mirissa
    Tangalle
    Little Adams Peak
    Adams Peak
    Dambulla
    Galle
    Kumana
    Minneriya