1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getaway from Delhi for five days

Discussion in 'North India' started by DhongiBaba, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

I wonder if you guys can help me choose a getaway for 4-5 days from Delhi.
    We (group of about 6-7 guys) are looking for some fun(mostly drinking & remembering college days ).
    We are fed up of hill stations and do not want to see another mountain anytime soon.
    Our last trip was Dalhousie last October. We found a pool of water flowing from some waterfall above a hill on the way to Khajjiyar . We got to a high spot after some trekking & found another pool in which we were bathing & drinking. No one else was there. Had a lot of fun .
    Looking for something like this, where our group can have fun & avoid disturbing others(we tend to talk & laugh loud).
    Can you guys suggest anything?
    Also we do have Rishikesh in mind. Can anyone share something about camping there?

Thanks

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Me and a few friends go to Fatehpur Sikri at least a couple of times every year and been going there for over five years now. We stay at Gulistan which is a government run guest house and they have this little compound where they will light a fire for you for a charge of Rs500 which will last through the night, rooms no 3 and 4 have their own little fridge for beers if you aren't in a habit of carrying a large ice box. Ice is readily available in town and Gulistan service guy would be more than happy to go and get it for you in the evening. Go for a drive to Agra Sadar bazar in the evening and have some kebabs and tikkas at mama franky and check out some lousy shops there, have a tikkie or golgappae if you like.

The main reason we always stay at Gulistan guest house is that it is government run and they don't care if you are loud. There is a cemetery on one side so that is one place to explore after a few drinks. Bharatpur bird sanctuary is about 15-20 mins drive from there. Exploring Fatehpur town by foot is a delight as it has that small town feel to it.

I believe Fatehpur Sikri would be a perfect getaway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.