Delhi for 3 to 4 days

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Alexandoy, May 28, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Is Delhi the best place for a cultural trip? We usually go on vacation abroad for a period of 3 to 4 days only although sometimes we spend 5 days if the place is good. My question is about Delhi because based on my personal research, Delhi is the most appropriate for a first timer like us to visit. For 3 whole days, what can we see and feel in Delhi aside from the food?

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

You can have a packed 3 days in Delhi as there is history in Delhi besides a few other attractions. No one goes back without seeing the Red Fort and the Raj Ghat. There are a few impressive temples such as the Lotus Temple and the ISKCON temple. There is also India's largest mosque the Jama Masjid. The Chandni Chowk Market will need a few hours too. The climb up the Qutub Minar will be a memorable experience. The President's Rashtrapathi Bhavan sprawling over acres is a sight worth visiting The gardens there are mind boggling. Many also visit the Humayun's Tomb.

3. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

How many days would be enough for Delhi sight seeing on art & architecture?

4. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Depends on the individual. When you say Art it could be paintings, handicrafts and buildings. Delhi has a lot of history and so do the buildings that come under the category of architectural marvels. They have a dynastic touch and the British too have left behind their stamp on some of the architectural marvels. The Mughals have a lot to do with what one sees in Delhi. Most buildings reek of history.
    If you are a historian then you need atleast two days to cover all these places.

5. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

Thank you very much..

6. Aaliya Mehta

Aaliya Mehta New Member

Delhi is the heart of India you can see here lots of places, various culture, food verities, heritage places and much more. You should start with Purani Delhi(Chandni chock), Red Fort, Jama Masjid etc there are lots of things to see.

Most Popular things in Delhi :-
    • India Gate
    • Red Fort
    • Hamayun's Tomb
    • Tomb of Safdarjung
    • Chandni Chowk & Chawri Bazar
    • Dilli Haat
    • Raj Ghat
    • Jama Masjid
    • Akshardham Temple
    • Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
    • Laxmi Narayan Mandir
    • Hauz Khas
    • Lodi Gardens
    • Jantar Mantar
    • Qutub Minar
    • ISKCON
    • Kalkaji Mandir

7. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

I would strongly suggest you take the Hop On Hop Off bus. There are one-day tours as well as two-day tours, which cover a number of tourist places in Delhi. It is an ideal way to travel and convenient for those who are short on time when wanting to visit places within Delhi.

I think maximum three to four days would be enough. Places to see are in the different parts of Delhi so taking the time to travel and time to explore the place into consideration I have said 3-4 days.

8. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

How much would it take for a day long Agra trip from Delhi and back to hotel in private car? Or maybe in OLA or UBER?

9. Karan

Karan Member

Do you mean how much time it would take or the cost for the travel?

10. Aaliya Mehta

Aaliya Mehta New Member

Hi,

You should go Delhi to Agra by road via yamuna expressway it will take 2.30 hours maximum.

11. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

Thanks..

12. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

I meant time and cost, both..

13. Karan

Karan Member

Just as an idea this is the cost for taking a taxi from Delhi to Agra for the whole day and returning back.

Car given would be a Swift Dzire or something similar.

The total cost of the Rs5700 which includes GST and driver charges.

The total distance from Delhi to Agra is 466km and the any if the distance exceeds 466km the charges would be Rs11 per km. Toll tax and parking charges are not included in the given cost.

Like mentioned above by Aaliya the best route to take would be the Yamuna Expressway it takes less time and roads are decent.