1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a bus from Kochi to Munnar

Discussion in 'South India' started by Shitish, May 15, 2015.

1. Shitish

Shitish New Member

I want to make a trip to Munnar from Kochi and have found that getting a taxi for Munnar works out to be quite expensive around Rs2500 one way which is not in my budget. The other option I have is getting a bus from Kochi to Munnar, how easy is it getting a bus to Munnar and how much time will it take?

2. Deven

Deven Member

You need to get to Aluva bus station and from there you will need to get the bus to Munnar which would take you around three and half hours.

3. Shitish

Shitish New Member

Thanks Deven, how frequent are the buses?

4. Deven

Deven Member

They are quite frequent, there is a bus every 30 minutes.

5. Tony John

Tony John New Member

There are frequent low floor A/c buses from Aluva to Kothamangalam, which gives a very comfortable journey. From Kothamanagalam, there are plenty of buses to Munnar every 15-20 minutes.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Shitish! Welcome to the forum!

Here are your bus options from Cochin to Munnar:
    • Ordinary KSRTC Buses - These buses ply from the KSRTC Bus Stand in Ernakulam. Bus timings are: 1:30 am, 4:00 am, 5:20 am, 5:50 am, 6:00 am, 7:30 am, 7:55 am, 8:40 am, 9:00 am, 9:35 am, 10:30 am, 11:10 am, 11:30 am, 12:00 pm, 12:45 pm, 1:40 pm, 3:10 pm and 5:55 pm. Fare is from Rs. 100 to Rs. 120 per person.
    • AC Volvo KSRTC Buses - These are air-conditioned buses from Cochin to Munnar. Bus timings differ from station to station. From the KSRTC Bus Stand, buses ply starting 9:00 am. From the Vytilla Mobility Hub, buses ply starting from 11:10 am. Fares start at Rs. 266 per person.
    • Private Buses - From the Vytilla Mobility Hub, you can ride private buses going to Munnar. Here are some of their timings: NMS departs 2:00 am and 5:10 pm while EMS departs at 11:23 am. Bus fare is the same as KSRTC Buses, from Rs. 100 to Rs. 120.
    If you cannot find buses from Cochin to Munnar via these bus stands, you can then ride a bus going to Adimali. From Adimali, about 30 kms away from Munnar, there are buses plying to Munnar every 30 minutes.

Cochin to Munnar is 130 kms away from each other. It can take you four hours or more to reach Munnar if you ride a bus.

I hope this helps!:)