1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gokarna to Jog Falls Bus

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Wrangler, May 28, 2016.

1. Wrangler

Wrangler New Member

We are just chalking out a trip plan to Gokarna sometime the next month. While searching for important tourist attractions around Gokarna, I realized that Jog Falls is not too far away. I love visiting waterfalls and heard lots of great reviews on how spectacular the Jog is. So I was just thinking to club both Gokarna and Jog Falls in a single trip.

Now my question is whether it will be possible to travel to Jog Falls from Gokarna using any mode of public transport? Jog is a well known place, so I hope there will be bus connectivity with the major towns nearby. Please let me know what is the best way to travel from Gokarna to Jog Falls by bus.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

I doubt there will be any direct bus connectivity between Gokarna and Jog Falls. Even if you manage to find a direct bus, the frequency will be quite low. For better bus connectivity, you can try one of the below two options -

Option 1: The best option for you is to do a break journey - Gokarna-Kumta and Kumta-Jog Falls. You would need to change the bus at Kumta, which is a major town in Uttara Kannada district. You can get a bus from Gokarna to Kumta every 30 minutes or so. Both KSRTC as well as private buses operate in this route. You can easily get a connecting bus to Jog Falls from Kumta Bus Stand. Any bus which is going to Sagar or Siddapur will go through Jog Falls. They usually stop at Jog Falls, but to be on the safer side, just ask the conductor to let you know when the bus arrives at Jog.

Option 2: This will again be a break journey, but instead of Kumta, you would change the bus at Honnavar. Frequency of buses between Gokarna-Honnavar and Honnavar-Jog Falls is pretty decent. Both Honnavar and Jog Falls are located along NH206 and there are lots of buses plying in this route.

Regards,
    Deb

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

You can certainly cover a trip to Jog Falls and back in one day from Gokarna, the distance being around 65 km one way. Public transport is available with a break at Kumta as mentioned above. The best time to visit Jog Falls is in the thick of rains. This is what you will see during that time

jogfalls.jpg

Image source Wikimedia commons