1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got 2 tickets for same train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by SanSharma, Dec 1, 2014.

1. SanSharma

SanSharma New Member

I have one 2AC and one 3AC ticket for same train from New Delhi to Mumbai, the reason I bought 2 tickets is: last time my ticket was in waiting list and didn't get confirm so at last moment I had to buy air ticket which was very expensive affair. This time also my tickets were in waiting list but now both the tickets are in RAC.
    2AC is RAC/8
    3AC is RAC/5

Now, my question is which ticket should I cancel and which ticket should I keep. I know with RAC ticket I can travel in train and I will get berth to sit only till the ticket is confirmed. What do you think, which ticket got more chances of getting confirmed?

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

I think its better to cancel 2AC ticket which shows RAC/8, the logical reason behind my suggestion is:
    In most of the trains in India we have only one 2AC coach and 3 or more 3AC coaches, so your chances of getting the 3AC ticket confirmed are more.

Admin likes this.

3. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

I would suggest canceling both and getting booking in Tatkal as the price difference will be minimal due to your point to point journey. If you do not want to do this then Aadi's suggestion is excellent and makes a log of sense.