1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Book Train Tickets?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Megha, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Megha

Megha New Member

Hello everyone as mentioned in my profile intro, I need some help in knowing how to book train tickets. Its the first time I would be making a train booking, and these days with fraud websites and all I thought it would be safe to ask on the forum for the correct procedure and details about booking train tickets.

Our journey would be from Bangalore to Bidar.

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are a few ways to book train tickets.

You can book train tickets online through a variety of websites, including:

• IRCTC
    • MakeMyTrip
    • Goibibo
    • RailYatri
    To book train tickets online, you will need to create an account with the website and provide your personal information, including your name, email address, and contact number. You will also need to provide the details of your journey, including the origin and destination stations, the date of travel, and the class of travel. Once you have submitted your booking request, you will be able to pay for your tickets using a variety of payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, and net banking.

At the railway station

You can also book train tickets at the railway station. To do this, you will need to visit the ticket counter and provide the details of your journey to the ticket clerk. The ticket clerk will then issue you a ticket, which you will need to pay for in cash.

Through a travel agent

You can also book train tickets through a travel agent. To do this, you will need to contact a travel agent and provide them with the details of your journey. The travel agent will then book your tickets on your behalf and collect payment from you.

Here are the steps on how to book train tickets online:

1. Go to the website of the train ticket booking agency of your choice.
    2. Enter the source and destination stations, the date of travel, and the class of travel in the search bar.
    3. Click on the "Search" button.
    4. A list of trains that match your search criteria will be displayed.
    5. Select the train that you want to book.
    6. Enter the passenger details.
    7. Select the payment method.
    8. Click on the "Book" button.
    9. You will receive a confirmation message on your screen.
    10. Your train tickets will be emailed to you.
    You can also have read through the thread how to book railway ticket online for details information about online train ticket booking.