1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiring A Driver

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Dakota, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

How difficult it is to find a person who is willing to take you around? I would love to have a local driver take me around and show me the country. I know they understand all the best places to visit and some of the places that nobody talks about. Do you know any company that will allow me to hire a person to do this?

2. hellotraveler

hellotraveler Member

I would like to know the answer to this, too. I am ok with renting a vehicle and learning any differences for driving on the roads there that may differ from the United States, but I have heard that it's expensive to rent a vehicle.

If I could retain a good driver that is reliable for a set rate daily to get me from place to place, I might do that instead if it's the best way to go about transportation. I've heard that the bus system is the best way to go for economical travel, but I'm not sure if it would suit the time frame needed for some things if I were to travel out there.

Suggestions and advice would be welcome.

3. paudu

paudu Member

If you will be at a hotel, the concierge would probably be able to help. If you are working with a travel agency to book your trip, you might check with them to see if you can set something up in advance.