1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon Packages In India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by SangeetaGohil, Apr 7, 2016.

1. SangeetaGohil

SangeetaGohil New Member

I have recently got married, and hubby and I are yet to plan our honeymoon. I have been researching on the internet a bit trying to find some good honeymoon packages, but they seem all too overpriced, and I am assuming that these tour operators are just taking out their cut and making a profit by simply overpricing the packages, but not much we can do about!

Apart from this issue, another which we have is that we don't know where to go, as there are so many places to go for a honeymoon in India. We have no restrictions to where we go in India, so this is something we need help with and need suggestions on to which honeymoon package we should choose.

It would be good to choose something entirely different and not the normal honeymoon packages like Shimla, Goa, etc.

What are honeymoon packages services like, as I want everything to be perfect and of high quality such as the hotel, food provided by hotel, transport service, etc.

What do you guys suggest about creating a honeymoon package ourselves, although it is a lot of hassle like organising everything from hotels, transport, going out sightseeing, do you think it is worth it?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Well, there are some advantages of getting honeymoon packages like:
    • It can save you some money because usually they are cheaper than local rates.
    • It can save you the hassle of planning and researching.
    • You won't need to tip since the staff is already paid for.
    The disadvantages are:
    • You are limited or restricted in activities since whatever the package provides, that's all you get. So you cannot explore other places which you might like.
    • The monotony of it all since you're more likely to eat at the same restaurant every day with the same meals.
    Here are some unique honeymoon places in India:
    • Triund. If you are a fan of hiking, then this place is for you. It's truly worth it to endure the five hour hike just to see the amazing view on the top. It's even more enjoyable with your special someone.
    • Mararikulam. Beaches in Goa are overcrowded, so if you're craving for some beach time, head over to Mararikulam. The beach is clean, pristine and just perfect for lovers.
    • Alleppey. Consider renting a house boat and bask in the beauty of the lake. There are also cruises and boat rides you can take.
    Here are some packages I've found:
    • Visit Yatra for packages in Mararikulam.
    • Visit MakeMyTrip for packages in Alleppey.
    • Visit PinkHouse for packages in Triund.
    Lastly, in my opinion, creating your own package can make for personalisation. You can put in as much places and activities as you want, that's something that you cannot get with a package. So if you're into exploring other places and doing other activities, then creating your own package might be the best for you.

Good luck and have a happy honeymoon!

Admin likes this.