1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels near Jama Masjid

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Velma, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Velma

Velma New Member

Hi travelers,

I would like to know the condition of the hotels near Jama Masjid and do you guys suggest living in hotels near Jama Masjid, is it safe are to wander around during evening hours?
    My friends have stayed in Paharganj and Jama Masjid area, both and according to them Old Delhi is food paradise and it's something one should not miss, but I am confused. Please help

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Out of the two I would suggest Paharganj purely because it is more touristy out of the two and is full of hotels all over. Jama masjid is not too far from any where in Delhi if you want to go there for a meal just hop into an auto rikshaw and you will be there in no time.

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

I second that, Paharganj is a much better place to stay. Jama masjid is not very far from Paharganj. Auto rikshaw wont take more then 15-20 mins to get there and I would imagine not more then Rs100-150 one way.

4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

the food shops around jama masjid are famous for the mujhlai cousine , non-veg mainly... eg:karims and other shops in the matiamahal area etc.

you would found a great varity of hotel in paharganj as compared to Jama masjid.. when ever in old delhi avoid taking any mode of transfer and use ur legs as much as you can as most of the roads are jammed 24/7! but walkin in old delhi is a difference and priceless experience!

there are even many DTC buses from paharganj to Jama-masjid. eg:753, or can hire a rickshaw as mentioned by other members ;)

DhongiBaba likes this.
  5. anamikaaroras

anamikaaroras New Member

Dear Velma,

You could have choose from more options near jama masjid, there are more best hotel like hotel maharaja continental, hotel bb palace, hotel godwin and more...