1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest Metro Station to Jama Masjid

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Nazim, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Nazim

Nazim New Member

During my stay in Delhi, I wish to visit Jama Masjid. I would like to find out if there is a metro station at Jama Masjid and if not which is the nearest metro station to Jama Masjid.

If possible please also mention the timings.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Jama Masjid has its own metro station which has recently been opened. Jama Masjid is on the violet line, so depending on where you will be traveling from you need to get onto the violet line in order to reach Jama Masjid.

Jama Masjid metro station is at a distance of 750 meters from Jama Masjid. If you decide to take an auto to the masjid it would take you around 4 minutes to get there, and if you wish to walk it to the masjid then it would take you around 6 minutes to reach.

The images below show the autoroute from Jama Masjid metro station to Jama Masjid and also the walking route.

Jama Masjid metro station to Jama Masjid by auto.

jama masjid metro station to jama masjid by car.jpg

Jama Masjid metro station to Jama Masjid by walking

jama masjid metro station to jama masjid by walk.jpg

The timings for Jama Masjid are from 7 am to 12 pm. It then re-opens at 1.30pm until 6.30pm.

Tourists are not allowed inside the masjid during prayer hours. And if you wish to do photography then the charges are Rs200.