1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotels near Kamakhya Temple

Discussion in 'East India' started by BhallaAdi, Jul 2, 2015.

1. BhallaAdi

BhallaAdi New Member

I need to make a hotel booking in Guwahati and would like to get accommodation which is close by to the Kamakhya Temple, although I would be visiting other places but would be spending most of the time in the temple. I need a mid budget hotel, please give all options available.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

The two recommendations I would give for hotels near Kamakhya Temple are Brahmaputra Ashok hotel and Ginger hotel. Both are mid range hotels. Ginger hotel is quite new and the Brahmaputra hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Guwahati.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here are some good mid-range hotels in Guwahati, near the Kamakhya Temple:
    • Hotel Ambarish Grand Residency - This is about 4.6 kms from the temple. You can walk it or ride an auto to reach the temple. Their Single Occupancy Executive Room is at Rs. 2,900 per night. All rooms have AC, WiFi and LCD television. Aside from that, there's a safe deposit, a fridge and a mini-bar in the rooms. There's even a health centre and a business centre in the hotel premises. For families, they can opt for connecting rooms for their children. Their address is: 523, G.S. Road, Ganeshguri, Guwahati, 781005.
    • Vishwaratna Hotel - This is about 4.3 kms from the temple. Their Deluxe Room is at Rs. 1,950 per night. Amenities in the room include AC, flat-screen television with cable, tea/coffee maker and work desk. Bathrooms have toiletries and hot/cold water. For the ladies, there's a salon in the hotel offering beauty services and massage treatments. They also have a restaurant and a bar in the hotel premises. Their address is: A. T. Road, Guwahati, 781001.
    • Hotel Mahalaxmi - This is about 5 kms from the temple. Their AC Standard Single Room is at Rs. 1,700 per night. This room has its own television and bathroom. There's even a banquet hall for special events. Their address is: Paltan Bazar, G.S. Road Guwahati, Assam.
    • Hotel Prag Continental - This is about 4.3 kms from the temple. Their room rates start at Rs. 2,000 per night. Rooms have their own flat screen television and comes with free WiFi. There's a spa centre, business centre and banquet facilities as well. You can also request for transport pickups or services. Their address is: Motilal Nehru Road, Pan Bazar, Guwahati, 781001.
    • Hotel 'D Sapphire - A bit further away at 8.8 kms from the temple, you can find the Hotel 'D Sapphire. Their Premium Single Occupancy Room is at Rs. 2,250 per night. It comes with its own cabinet, television and AC. There's also a restaurant and banquet hall in the hotel. Their address is: Hatigaon Main Road, Near Namghar, Hatigaon, Guwahati, 781038.
    • Rains Inn - This is about 5 kms from the temple. Their Standard Room is at Rs. 3,000 per night. This is an eco-friendly hotel in Guwahati. They have quite beautiful cane and bamboo furnitures in the room. Amenities include: television, AC, WiFi and electronic kettle. They also have a restaurant and a banquet hall in the hotel. Their address is: Solapara Road, Opposite Capital Tours and Travels, Paltan Bazar, Guwahati, 78100.
    I hope this helps!