1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many National Parks in Madhya Pradesh?

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Ila Joshi, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Ila Joshi

Ila Joshi New Member

I plan to go to Madhya Pradesh sometime soon with my husband, but I want to make it a surprise visit for him.

He is especially keen on going to National Parks and I would like to know how many National Parks there are in Madhya Parks, so I get some idea of many days holiday is required.

I would also like to know when the best time to visit the national parks is?

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are many national parks in Madhya Pradesh, but I will mention the main and important ones.

Bandhavgarh National Park

Kanha National Park

Madhav National Park

Panna National Park

Pench National Park

Sanjay National

Fossil National Park

Satpuda National Park

Van Vihar National Park

The best time to visit the national parks in Madhya Pradesh is between October and June.

ruma dey baidya likes this.

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

Madhya Pradesh is home to 9 national parks, each with its own unique wildlife and landscapes. The national parks in Madhya Pradesh are some of the best places in India to see tigers, leopards, sloth bears, elephants, and other wild animals.

How many days of holiday you need will depend on which national parks you want to visit and how much time you want to spend at each park.

If you are only interested in visiting one or two parks, you could get away with a 3-4 day trip. However, if you want to visit more parks or spend more time at each park, you may need a longer trip.

Here is a suggested itinerary for a 7-day trip to the national parks in Madhya Pradesh:

• Days 1-3: Kanha National Park
    • Days 4-5: Bandhavgarh National Park
    • Days 6-7: Pench National Park
    This itinerary allows you to visit three of the most popular national parks in Madhya Pradesh and see a variety of wildlife, including tigers, leopards, sloth bears, and elephants.

Of course, you can customize this itinerary to fit your interests and budget. For example, if you are interested in seeing more wildlife, you could spend more time at each park or visit additional parks, such as Madhav National Park or Sanjay-Dubri National Park.

When is the best time to visit the national parks in Madhya Pradesh?

The best time to visit the national parks in Madhya Pradesh is during the winter months (November to February). During this time, the weather is pleasant and the animals are more active. The national parks can be crowded during this time, so it is important to book your accommodation and safaris in advance.

If you are on a tight budget or don't mind the heat, you can also visit the national parks during the summer months (March to May). The animals are still active during this time, but the weather can be very hot and humid.

Here are some of the pros and cons of visiting the national parks during different times of the year:

Winter (November to February)

• Pros: Pleasant weather, animals are more active, fewer mosquitoes
    • Cons: Crowded, higher prices
    Summer (March to May)

• Pros: Fewer crowds, lower prices
    • Cons: Hot and humid weather, more mosquitoes
    Monsoon (June to October)

• Pros: Fewest crowds, lowest prices
    • Cons: Heavy rains, some roads and trails may be closed

The best time to visit the national parks in Madhya Pradesh depends on your personal preferences and budget. If you are looking for the best chance of seeing wildlife, the winter months are the best time to visit. However, if you are on a tight budget or don't mind the heat, you can also visit the national parks during the summer months.

Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to the national parks in Madhya Pradesh:

• Book your accommodation and safaris in advance, especially if you are traveling during the peak season.
    • Pack for all types of weather, as the conditions can change quickly.
    • Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat.
    • Be respectful of the wildlife and the environment.
    With a little planning, you can have a wonderful and unforgettable experience visiting the national parks in Madhya Pradesh.