How Much Is One Pound In Rupees?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Pooja 1988, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Pooja 1988

Pooja 1988 New Member

I am planning a one month trip to London and currently looking into a place to stay at, I need to work out my expenses and so would like to know how much is one pound in rupees?

I know that the exchange rate changes from minute to minute, so I would also like to know whether there is any major difference in the exchange rate one a week to week basis?

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

As I am typing now the current exchange rate of Rupees to British pound is Rs90.66 to £1.

At times there can be a major difference in exchange rates within a week and sometimes there is hardly a difference, so it is difficult to give a firm answer to whether there is a major difference on a week to week basis. What I would like to suggest is that when you see the exchange rate at a high than it has been in the past couple of weeks, I would then get the money exchanged.

The image below shows a graph of how the exchange rate has changed from a week to week basis.

pound to rupees.png

3. Londoner

Londoner New Member

Please note, rates at xe.com are mid-market rates, not the rate you'll get. Pound is becoming strong for last few days, so it'll work out more expensive for you, albeit slightly. I found exchange rates better in India. :) Please also note, Rupee is not fully tradable currency, so you will not be able to got into high street bank here in the UK and exchange Rupees to UKP, unlike most other currencies. So bring some hard cash in UKP when you arrive.

If you are still looking for places to stay, look for placed to stay near a Piccadilly line, or Bakerloo line underground stations, this will give you great access to central London. Popular places with Indian tourist on longer stay are West London suburbs.

Any other help, leave a message.

Admin likes this.