1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Apply Passport In Mumbai?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Amitha Basra, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Amitha Basra

Amitha Basra New Member

I have recently moved to Mumbai so am new to many things here. I need to apply for my passport for a trip abroad in August and would like to know how to apply for a passport in Mumbai?

Please mention where I need to go and whether this can be done online or not?

2. Karan

Karan Member

You can either go to the passport office in Mumbai or apply online for your passport.

All the information about applying for a passport is available on the government passport website at www.passportindia.gov.in.

If you wish to go into the passport office you need to print out your form from the website, fill it in and hand it into the Mumbai passport office at:

Videsh Bhavan
    Bandra Kurla Complex
    Plot No C-45 G Block
    Bandra (East)
    Mumbai

If you would like to apply for a passport online then you need to first register on the passport website. Once you have registered and logged in you need to click on the 'Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport' link. Fill out the required information and make the online payment and submit your application along with scheduling an appointment at the passport office.

online passport submission.jpg

On the side menu bar you can see the section named 'Forms and Affidavits', this is where you can print both the online forms and normal application forms.