1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Apply For Passport Online In Delhi?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Ranjit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Ranjit

Ranjit New Member

It has been 4 months that I have shifted to Delhi, so I am quite new to the city. I need to apply for my passport and would like some assistance on how to apply for a passport online in Delhi?

I would like to know which website to visit, what the procedure is and how to provide my documents.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Here are the steps on how to apply for a passport online in Delhi:

1. Go to the Passport Seva website at Passport Seva, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
    2. Click on the "Register Now" button.
    3. Fill out the registration form and submit it.
    4. Log in to your account and click on the "Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport" link.
    5. Fill out the online application form and submit it.
    6. Pay the application fee online.
    7. Schedule an appointment at a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
    8. Visit the PSK on your appointment date and submit your application along with the required documents.
    9. Your passport will be delivered to you at your address within 15-21 working days.
    Here are the documents that you need to submit along with your application:

• A recent passport-size photograph (in colour)
    • A copy of your valid identity proof (such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, driving licence, etc.)
    • A copy of your valid address proof (such as electricity bill, gas bill, water bill, bank statement, etc.)
    • A copy of your birth certificate or school leaving certificate
    • A copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable)
    • A copy of your police verification report (if applicable)
    The application fee for a fresh passport is Rs.1500. The application fee for a re-issue of passport is Rs.1000.

For more information on how to apply for a passport, please visit the Passport Seva website at Passport Seva, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.