1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Book Indian Rail Tickets From Abroad

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Aishwarya Vasu, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Aishwarya Vasu

Aishwarya Vasu New Member

Tell me the procedure to book train tickets from Abroad. I have tried many travel portals but none of them have the option to book train tickets in India. I also don't have a clue what class to book as this would be my first time traveling on a train in India and I don't want to travel like they show on TV some times with people sitting on the roofs of trains.

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Chahal likes this.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It is currently not possible to book train tickets from abroad directly on IRCTC website but from next month onwards IRCTC will start accepting foreign credit and debit cards. For the time being your only option is to go through a travel agent who would book a ticket on your behalf and charge you a small fee.

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Many online sites act as intermediaries for purchasing these tickets. I recommend you to do a basic search and choose the one you feel most comfortable with. They generally all have standarized prices, so you do not need to worry about paying more than the tickets are worth.