1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go to Ramoji Film City from Secunderabad?

Discussion in 'South India' started by Primal, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Primal

Primal New Member

I would like to visit the famous Ramoji Film City and need some help reaching the destination.

I will be staying in Secunderabad, and I would be leaving from there to reach the film city, I need help in knowing how to go to Ramoji Film City from Secunderabad?

What is the total travel time from Secunderabad to Ramoji Film City?

Which is the safest way to travel?

When returning would I be able to get public transport easily?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Primal! Welcome to the forum!

The distance between Secunderabad and the Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad is about 28.4 kilometres. So you can reach the latter in about 50 minutes, more or less. You have a few options on how to reach the Ramoji Film City from Secunderabad:

1. By Bus - The Telangana State Road Transport Corporation operates some buses plying from Secunderabad to Hyderabad. However, there's only one bus plying from Secunderabad to Ramoji Film City. Here are some information about it:
    • TSRTC Bus No. 206/290 - This bus departs as early as 9:00 from the Secunderabad Junction. Frequency of buses are between 1 and 45 minutes. The bus has 27 stops and the Ramoji Film City is its 24th stop. The last bus from the Secunderabad Junction departs at 17:45.
    It drops you off directly at Ramoji Film City so I'd suggest just boarding this bus. There are other buses as well, but they don't drop you off directly at the Ramoji Film City. Like this one:
    • TSRTC Bus No. 290S - This bus departs as early as 8:55 from the Secunderabad Junction. Frequency of buses are between 1 and 24 minutes. It will drop you off at Sanghi Nagar, which is about four kilometres away from the Ramoji Film City. You can just ride an auto or taxi to cover the remaining distance.
    So these are your options for buses going to the Ramoji Film City. Bus journey can be an hour or so long.

2. By Taxi - You can also ride a taxi from Secunderabad to Ramoji Film City. Fare varies but it's between Rs. 150 to Rs. 300 for a one-way trip.

3. By Tour Operator - You can also opt for a tour provided by tour agencies. I was able to find two government-operated tours for Secunderabad to Ramoji Film City. These operators will pick you up at Secunderabad and also drop you off in the same location:
    • IRCTC Ramoji Film City Tour - The IRCTC has a Ramoji Film City Tour as well. They can pick you up directly from Secunderabad. Vehicle can be AC or non-AC, depending on the package you choose. Rates start at Rs. 1,700 per person, which already includes the transportation, entry fee and lunch.
    • AP Tourism Ramoji Film City Tour - Pickup from Secunderabad, in Yatri Nivas, is at 7:30 am. Their package costs Rs. 900 per person and includes the vehicle (non-AC), entry fees and taxes.
    So you can also opt for these packages since they are quite convenient and they would bring you back to Secunderabad.

The total travel time is around 50 minutes to 1 hour from Secunderabad to Ramoji Film City.

The safest way to travel is still by hired taxi. It is also the most expensive but considerably the most convenient. You would also reach the Ramoji Film City the quickest through this way.

If you take the tour packages, then they would bring you back to Secunderabad. For the bus, you can board the same bus above, its last bus is at 16:00. This bus would also take you back to the Secunderabad Junction. For taxis, there are also plenty around the area that you can ride back to Secunderabad.

I hope this helps you!:)

3. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

Visiting Ramoji Film City from Secunderabad is a popular trip for many tourists and film enthusiasts. Here's how you can reach Ramoji Film City from Secunderabad:

By Car or Taxi:

• The most convenient and safest way to reach Ramoji Film City from Secunderabad is by hiring a private taxi or taking a car. You can book a taxi in advance or use ride-sharing apps to arrange for a comfortable and direct journey.
    • The total travel time by car or taxi is approximately 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on traffic conditions.
    By Public Transport:

• You can also use public transport options, but it may require multiple transfers, and the journey might take longer. Here's a general route using public transport:
      1. Take a local MMTS train from Secunderabad Railway Station to Uppal Railway Station.
      2. From Uppal Railway Station, you can hire an auto-rickshaw or take a local bus to reach Ramoji Film City.
      3. The total travel time by public transport can vary but may take around 2 to 3 hours, including waiting time for connections.
    Return Journey:

• After your visit to Ramoji Film City, you should be able to find local transportation options for your return journey. You can use the same route in reverse, such as taking a local bus or auto-rickshaw from Ramoji Film City to Uppal Railway Station and then catching an MMTS train to Secunderabad.
    • Ensure that you check the schedule for MMTS trains and local buses to plan your return journey accordingly.
    Please note that the safest and most convenient option is usually to hire a taxi or use a car rental service for your trip, especially if you're traveling with family or carrying valuables. It provides a more comfortable and direct transportation experience.