1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Keep Airtel Sim Active

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Hasina, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Hasina

Hasina New Member

I have a spare Airtel sim card which I had brought from Haryana and used there. I am now back at home in Roorkee and have no use for the sim card but would like to keep it active so that when I next visit Haryana I would be able to use it again.
    How do I keep my Airtel sim active without having to use it on a regular basis and spending money on it?

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

To keep your Airtel sim card active, you need to make sure that at least once in a month you either make a short call even if it for 30 seconds or send an SMS. Even making a small recharge of Rs20 each month would keep it active.
    If you can you keep the sim card in a spare phone and keep the phone on if you don't have an additional phone then once in a while insert the sim card in a mobile phone.

There is also another option which has been introduced by Airtel which is called 'Number Locker.' Customers need to pay an amount to keep the number active for a certain amount of time. With this service, you won have to do anything to keep the phone active.
    For Rs150 your Airtel number stays active for 6 months, Rs300 keeps your Airtel sim card active for 12 months, and Rs600 keeps your Airtel sim card active for 24 months.

3. Prits

Prits Member

According to some new rules by the government, mobile phone connections which are inactive for 2 months and have a balance below Rs20 will be deactivated.