1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to reach Akshardham Temple Delhi by metro?

Discussion in 'North India' started by RonakU22, Sep 26, 2016.

1. RonakU22

RonakU22 New Member

I will be in Delhi sightseeing going to the famous tourist attractions. I would be traveling by the metro rail, as it is easier and less tiring. I have got it figured out where the nearest metro station to most of the Delhi attractions, but one place which I don't know about is Akshardham Temple.

I would like to know how to reach Akshardham temple Delhi by metro?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

The Swaminarayam Akshardham Complex is a fairly new temple complex, which was consecrated on 2005. It is the largest of its kind in the world and took about five years to complete. Its imposing sandy coloured structure, surrounded by lagoons all around, is very pleasing to the eyes. The main attraction in the complex is of course the Akshardham Mandir. The mandir has intricately carved pillars and sculptures as well. Its main sanctum houses an idol of Swaminarayam. It also contains idols of other Hindu deities like Krishna, Parvati and Lakshmi.

The complex also has a Garden Area, housing many statues of great personalities of the country. The garden is well-maintained and has sprawling lawns which add to the serenity of the place. You can also watch shows in the Hall of Values and the Giant Screen Film in the complex. A Boat Ride is also possible in the complex, which will take you through the rich heritage of India. And lastly, you cannot miss the Musical Fountain Show, which depicts the cycle of life, according to the Indian principles.

To reach the Akshardham Temple by Metro, you need to board a train going to the Akshardham Metro Station, which is located on the blue line. This station is only about 750 metres away from the temple and you can easily walk the remaining distance to the temple. Since I don't know where you would come from in Delhi, I'd just give some examples of how you can reach the Akshardham Metro Station from other locations in the city.

Example No. 1 - If you're coming from Kashmiri Gate, you need to board a train going until Rajiv Chowk. Since this is in the yellow line, you need to change trains for the blue line in Rajiv Chowk. After which, you can then reach Akshardham Metro Station. You would reach the station in about 30 minutes or so. Fare would be at Rs. 16 per passenger.

Example No. 2 - If you're coming from the Qutab Minar, then you need to reach the Central Secretariat first. Change into the blue line once you reach the station and board a train reaching Akshardham Metro Station. You would reach your destination in about an hour or so. Fare would be at Rs. 22 per passenger.

Example No. 3 - If you're coming from Hauz Khas, you need to reach Rajiv Chowk first. From there, change into the blue line and board a train going to Akshardham. Journey duration would be around 45 minutes. Fare would be at Rs. 19 per passenger.

Example No. 4 - If you're coming from Noida City Centre, since it's on the blue line, you can just board a train directly going to Akshardham. Journey duration is around 25 minutes. Fare is at Rs. 16 per passenger.

There you go. And before I forget, there are fees to see the Musical Fountain Show and Exhibition Shows (Hall of Values, Giant Screen Film & Boat Ride). Here they are:
    • Musical Fountain Show - Rs. 30 for adults and Rs. 2 for children between 4 to 11 years old.
    • Exhibition Shows - Rs. 170 for adults, Rs. 125 for seniors and Rs. 100 for children between 4 to 11 years old.
    Entry to the complex is free of charge. Darshan is also free but there's a charge for the abhishek pooja.

I hope this helps you!

3. Deven

Deven Member

To reach Akshardham Temple in Delhi by metro, you can follow these steps:

1. Identify the Nearest Metro Station: The nearest metro station to Akshardham Temple is the "Akshardham Metro Station," which is located on the Blue Line of the Delhi Metro.

2. Board the Blue Line: Depending on your starting point in Delhi, you may need to reach a metro station on the Blue Line. The Blue Line is one of the major lines of the Delhi Metro, and it connects various parts of the city.

3. Check the Route Map: Once you are at a metro station on the Blue Line, check the route map and make sure you are headed towards Noida City Centre or Vaishali, as these are the directions that will take you to Akshardham.

4. Purchase a Token or Use a Metro Card: Before entering the metro platform, you'll need to purchase a token (if you don't have a metro card) from the ticket counter or use a metro card if you already have one. Make sure you have enough credit on your card or sufficient change for the token.

5. Board the Metro: Proceed to the platform, and when the metro arrives, board it. Ensure you are on the correct line (Blue Line) and headed in the right direction.

6. Ride to Akshardham: Sit back and enjoy your metro ride. Akshardham Metro Station is just a short distance away from the temple complex, and you'll reach your destination in no time.

7. Exit at Akshardham Metro Station: Once you arrive at Akshardham Metro Station, disembark from the metro train and follow the signs that guide you to the exit.

8. Walk to Akshardham Temple: From the metro station, you can easily walk to Akshardham Temple. Follow the directions and signage, and you'll reach the temple complex within a few minutes.
    Please note that the Delhi Metro is a convenient and efficient way to travel around the city, and it's a popular choice for tourists visiting Akshardham Temple and other attractions. Make sure to check the current metro timings and any travel advisories, as schedules may vary, especially during holidays or special events. Enjoy your visit to Akshardham Temple and your sightseeing in Delhi!