1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Track Passport?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Sujoy, May 27, 2020.

1. Sujoy

Sujoy New Member

I had applied for my new passport about 2 months ago and I have not heard anything from the passport office yet (maybe because of the lockdown).

I was wondering whether there is any way I can track my passport, so I can find out whether it has been processed or it is still under process?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You must have an application number which you can use on the government passport office website to track progress of your passport application.

3. Deven

Deven Member

Yes, you can track the status of your passport application to find out whether it has been processed or is still under process. Here's how you can do it in many countries, including India:

1. Online Passport Tracking: Most countries, including India, have online portals where you can track the status of your passport application. In India, you can use the official Passport Seva website. Here's how to do it:
      • Visit the Passport Seva website (https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in).
      • Click on the "Track Application Status" option.
      • Enter your file number or application reference number.
      • Click on the "Track Status" button.
      The system will then provide you with the current status of your passport application, including whether it's under process, approved, dispatched, or any other relevant information.

2. Passport Seva Kendra or Passport Office Visit: If you're unable to track your passport online or have concerns about the progress of your application, you can visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra or Passport Office. They can provide you with information about your application's status.

3. Call Customer Support: You can also contact the passport office's customer support helpline. They can assist you in tracking your passport application status and provide guidance.
    Make sure you have your application reference number or file number handy when you check the status, as you'll need this information to access your application details.

During periods of lockdown or other extraordinary circumstances, there might be delays in processing passport applications, but tracking your application online or contacting the passport office can provide you with the most up-to-date information about your passport's status.