1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Hotel Wins Hotel Of The Year From Tripadvisor

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by amelia88, Jan 21, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

In the 14th edition of the travel site Trip Advisor's Travelers’ Choice Awards, the Umaid Bhawan Palace was named the best hotel of 2016.

The hotel is based in Jodhpur, and is well outside my personal budget, but it's nice to dream!

Do you follow Trip Advisor when it comes to accommodation reviews?

2. Andre

Andre New Member

I have read a few reviews on Trip Advisor. I value their reviews. I have found a few fantastic hotel to stay in thanks to this site. I have also booked a few trips from them and been pleased with my trip.

amelia88 likes this.

3. Isafab

Isafab New Member

I can't believe that's a hotel! If I ever walked in, I wouldn’t want to leave! Sadly, it's about as likely for me to stay there as the Taj Mahal.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I know, right? It's hard to believe that something so glamorous and elegant (and let's face it - enormous!) is really a place you can stay!

I went to their website and I looked at the suite rooms - and honestly I just wanted to move in! Everything is so spacious and bright and airy - and beautifully decorated. The prices though are way, way out of what I can afford, so I hear you about it being as likely you'd stay there as the Taj Mahal! :p

5. Daira

Daira New Member

That's a beautiful place! I do use TripAdvisor frequently and they are my trusted go-to site for reviews. I have noticed, though, that I have to take certain reviews with a grain of salt. Some people can really go off the deep end over the smallest things.

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Ain't that the truth! I've read some crazy reviews that seem at odds with all the other reviews! A lot of the time I just don't pay attention to those - you're right that it often seems like someone going off the deep end. I think that sometimes people's expectations are just too high, or sometimes they're just having a bad day for a million other reasons and end up writing a bad review because something tiny didn't go their way!

That's humans for you! Sometimes you just can't please some people!

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well it is nice to know that some people are traveling in style and really getting their thrills, and maybe one day I will be able to afford to stay at a place with palace in the name. It is certainly good for the Indian tourism industry though to have that little award under its belt, and it seems to fall in line with the courteous people I encountered while I was there.

8. Kristie

Kristie New Member

Trip Advisor is one of the first places I go to whenever I need honest reviews about a hotel. Their reviews are all genuine and real.

9. Ted

Ted New Member

I do the same thing as well. I always check Trip Advisor for honest reviews before making a decision on whether I will book a certain hotel or not.

10. Daphne

Daphne New Member

It seems that I have been living under a rock :D I have never heard of Trip Advisor. I normally always look for reviews on booking.com. I should check out Trip Advisor from now on.

11. Laeticia

Laeticia New Member

I also used booking.com for a very long time, but once I found out about Trip Advisor, I started using only that. Their reviews look real and honest.