1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best time of the year to visit Kashmir

Discussion in 'North India' started by MrGirdar, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MrGirdar

MrGirdar New Member

I am planning to make my first trip to Kashmir with my family and what we need to decide on is which time of the year we should visit. We want to explore the area and see all of the attractions, as I don't think we would make another visit in the near future, so please take this into thought.
    I would also like some suggestions on a good budget hotel, who also serve good food, although our meals would mainly be outside the hotel it is just in case if required then we can order from the hotel as well.

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

All four seasons are great to go and visit Kashmir, as each season is very different and provides a different experience. Summers are the most popular time when tourists go, as kids have school holidays and people want to get away from the heat. If you would like to see more of nature with flowers blooming then Spring is the best time, if you would prefer to see more greenry then summers are best, if you want a lot of snow and can take the chilling weather winters are the best time to visit and if you want something in between with a bit of sun and cold then Autumn is the season. It all depends on what you prefer.

3. Deven

Deven Member

Another way for you to make your decision easier is by deciding whether you like being in a crowded place or not, if you don't then the summer season is out of question and you are then you are left with three seasons to choose from.
    Another factor to help you decide is weather, go depending on the weather which you prefer.

4. Shiv

Shiv Member

What is your idea of a budget hotel, but everyone it is different, some price range idea would be good.

5. MrGirdar

MrGirdar New Member

What do you guys think about going in October?