1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inner Line Permit For Manipur To Kohima

Discussion in 'Manipur' started by Hrishwadkar, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Hrishwadkar

Hrishwadkar New Member

I need a quick question answered and would appreciate if I would get a quick response for it.

I would like to travel from Imphal to Kohima and need to know whether I need an inner line permit.
    If I do need a permit from where would I be able to obtain it from?
    I am an Indian citizen.

Thanks.

2. KK

KK Member

Yes you do require a permit even if you are an Indian citizen which you can get from Imphal.

3. Hrishwadkar

Hrishwadkar New Member

Do you know where exactly in Imphal we can get the permit from? Are there any contact details of the place where you get the permit from?

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Imphal and Kohima are both protected areas. Even though you're an Indian citizen, you would still need to obtain an Inner Line Permit to access these places. Technically, you don't need an ILP for Manipur but only until Imphal. From Imphal onwards you'd need to have to an ILP. Nagaland's Kohima District is included in the protected areas as well so you need an ILP for that too.

The documents required for applying for an ILP are the following:
    • Single Permit - One of the following: Pan Card, Driving License, Passport or Voter's ID. You'd also need two passport sized photographs.
    • Group Permit (Primary Applicant) - One of the following: Pan Card, Driving License, Passport or Voter's ID. You'd also need two passport sized photographs.
    • Group Permit (Member) - Two passport sized photographs
    Additionally, download the application form from the website and fill it up completely. The fee for the application is Rs. 10 per person.

You can apply for the Inner Line Permit in the following offices:
    • Delhi - Address is: The Resident Commissioner, Nagaland House, No. 29, Aurangzeb Road, New Delhi. Contact number is: (011) 23794680.
    • Kolkata - Address is: The Resident Commissioner, Nagaland House, No. 11, Theatre Road, Kolkata. Contact number is: (033) 2825226.
    • Shillong - Address is: The Assistant Resident Commissioner, Nagaland House, Laitumkhrah, Shillong. Contact number is: (0364) 2520083.
    • Guwahati - Address is: The Deputy Resident Commissioner, Nagaland House, G.S. Road, 6th Mile, Guwahati. Contact number is: (0361) 2332158.
    • Nagaland - Address is: The Deputy Commissioner, Mokokchung, Nagaland. Contact number is: (0369) 2226231.
    I hope this helps!