1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irctc Train Schedule

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by OjasArora, Apr 17, 2016.

1. OjasArora

OjasArora New Member

I am going to be traveling from Delhi to Hyderabad for the first time by train. I have booked my train tickets and needed to check the IRCTC train schedule but need to confirm a few things which I am unclear about.

I need to know where to check the IRCTC train schedule from the website.

What information can I find out from the IRCTC train schedule?

Is there an IRCTC App, so it would be more convenient to check the status of my train and any other information relevant to my train journey?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

They have their own site, but it is a little difficult to follow. You can get all of your information from it, but I would recommend any of the third party agent sites. They display the information better, and have a good system to see how thee trains operate, as well as displaying their ratings and other information. Just give a search online and find a site that works for you.

3. daniel john

daniel john New Member

Is it possible to buy a train ticket on the actual train in India, in the same way as you can in the UK, or do you have to pre-purchase them either at the train station or elsewhere?

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

In the IRCTC website, you would need to create an account with them in order to see train schedules and seats that are still available. Once you have an account, you just used that to login and you can book your own tickets online. You would also be able to see train timings and other important information you might need. Without an account, you won't be able to do much with the official IRCTC website.

I would suggest other sites that can show you train schedules without having the need to create an account. Some of which are:
    • Indian Railway Passenger Reservation Enquiry - This site is very user-friendly. You just need to go to the PNR Enquiry Tab and input the train name or the train number and it will show you the schedules of the trains. You can even view available seats and berths in this site.
    • India Rail Info - Another great site especially for getting the information for delays and other technical issues that the trains have experienced.
    • eRail - This is a great non-official site. It's very user-friendly and even shows the available seats for different classes of the train. Train schedules are also shown in a way that's very easy to understand.
    You can find all information you might need:
    • What days does the train run each week
    • How many seats are still available
    • What classes are available in the train
    • Whether it's an unreserved train or not
    • The departure and arrival time of the train
    • The train number and the train name
    Yes, there are a number of apps you can use like:
    • IRCTC PNR Rail & Train Enquiry - You can find all the information you might need here and even book tickets from the app. The app also sends notification for the PNR status of your train.
    • Indian Railways - You can book your ticket here as well and receive the status of your PNR via SMS. You can also find schedules of trains, obtain berth and seat information and lastly, get live train schedules even diverted ones.
    • Trainman - Also predicts the status of your PNR and sends you the notification via other apps.
    I hope this helps!