1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaipur To Udaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Chandrakant, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chandrakant

Chandrakant New Member

I have a one week holiday in Jaipur and from there I wish to spend at least 3 days in Udaipur, but before taking off for Udaipur I need to know a few things to make sure my trip would be worth the travel or whether I would even have enough time to see and do things there.

1. How long is the drive from Jaipur to Udaipur?

2. How far is Ranakpur Jain Temple from Udaipur?

3. Can I cover sight seeing in Udaipur and Ranakpur temple in 3 days?

4. Where do you recommend I should stay in Udaipur?

5. Any special recommendations for places to eat at?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The distance from Jaipur to Udaipur is 412km, which is a roughly six-hour drive.

Ranakpur Jain Temple is 94km away from Udaipur. I would say a 2-hour journey.

Yes, you can easily cover both destinations in 3 days, but do make sure when you leave for your destination it is early morning as less time is wasted in traffic and you can spend more time during the day.

There are plenty of places you can stay in Udaipur, but you need to provide more information like your budget and if you have any specific location in Udaipur.

I don't know of many places in Udaipur, but I will mention the ones I know of.

Natraj Thali, who serve one of the best Rajasthani thalis.

Aapni Dhani, which is a smaller version of Chokhi Dhani without the whole Rajasthan culture, but yes you do get the authentic Rajasthani food.

Ambrai restaurant, this is a must eat place which is located by the Lake Pichola.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

For a hotel that is pretty nice, I would recommend the Haadi Rani Palace. Depending on deals, you can get a room for $30-40. Possibly less. Of course, this depends on your budget. As Deven said, there are many options, but it is hard to suggest something without more information about your needs.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Jaipur and Udaipur is 393.5 kms via the National Highway 8 and National Highway 58. Expect to drive anywhere between 6 to 7 hours, depending on traffic, delays and stopovers.

Ranakpur Temple itself is about 94.2 kms away from Udaipur. Travelling by car, that can take between two and a half hours.

Yes, it is very possible to cover all tourist attractions in Udaipur and Ranakpur in just three days. I would recommend this itinerary:

Day 1 - Arrive in Udaipur. Have lunch and check in at the hotel. After, you can then depart to visit the Jain Temples in Ranakpur.

Day 2 and 3 - Visit the tourist attractions in Udaipur like Lake Pichola and the structures around it (City Palace, Lake Palace, Jagdish Temple etc.) Also visit the Fateh Sagar Lake.

You can then depart in Day 3 as well.

Here's a few hotels I can recommend which are very near the tourist attractions:

• Shiv Niwas Palace. Great overlooking view of the Lake Pichola.
    • Fateh Prakash Palace. Just a three minute walk from the City Palace.
    • Hotel Gorbandh. A budget hotel just 2 kms away from main attractions like the City Palace and Lake Pichola.
    • Taj Lake Palace. Dubbed as the most romantic hotel in the world.
    Here's a few restaurants that I can recommend to you:
    • Ambrai. Great scenic views of the Lal Ghat and the City Palace, they have Rajasthani dishes and some non-vegetarian options as well.
    • Savage Garden. Their homemade pasta dishes are sumptuous.
    • Millets of Mewar. Probably offers the healthiest meals in Udaipur, from wheat breads, local millets and many vegan options.
    I hope this helps!

Chahal likes this.