1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things to see in Udaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by YuviOberoi, Jun 15, 2017.

1. YuviOberoi

YuviOberoi New Member

As mentioned in another post of mine I will be visiting Udaipur. Along with getting the accommodation sorted out I also need to organize the itinerary, and for that, I need to know what things to see in Udaipur.

It is not necessary that what there is to see has to only be in Udaipur it can be to the nearby places as well.

We will be a large group of people, so everyone has their own interests so feel free to recommend all kinds of places.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Hi YuviOberoi,

Udaipur is much of a royal place which is full of palaces, beautiful lakes, gardens, and temples.

Some of the things that you can see in Udaipur are:

Fateh Sagar Lake: This is an artificial lake in the middle of Udaipur. There are three islands on the lake at one which there is a jet fountain.

Nehru Garden: This garden is close to the Fateh Sagar Lake and has many different plants, trees, and species of birds.

Bohra Ganesh Temple: This is a very old temple in Udaipur which has a standing idol of Lord Ganesh.

For more information on places to see in Udaipur, you can visit a similar thread places to visit in Udaipur.

You can also visit the thread places to visit near Udaipur, to find out where you can go other than just within Udaipur.

3. Esha Sharma

Esha Sharma New Member

There are so many places to visit at Udaipur that you won’t have to worry about the diverse interests of your group. Tourist places in Udaipur have something for everyone.

If you’re into nature and want to take a gander at the natural beauty of the city, you can visit:
    • Lake Pichola
    • Fateh Sagar Lake
    • Jaisamand Lake
    • Doodh Talai Musical Garden
    • Gulabh Bagh and Zoo
    • Saheliyo ki Bari
    • Nehru Garden
    • Sukhadiya Circle
    Then, if you want to marvel at the amazing architecture and the arts and crafts culture, these places will be perfect for you:
    • Bharatiya Lok Kala Museum
    • Shilp Gram
    • Maharana Pratap Smarak
    • Jag Mandir Palace
    • Bada Mahal
    • Eklingji Temple
    • Vintage Car Museum
    • Sajjangarh Palace
    • City Palace
    If the tourist places in Udaipur aren’t enough, there are a lot of nearby areas as well that are well worth a visit. One of the most popular activities in the city is to go horse riding around the countryside. Some other nearby places you could visit are:
    • Delwara
    • Haldighati
    • Ranakpur
    • Kumbhalgarh
    • Chittorgarh
    These too are amazing places and have their own attractions to offer.