1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Annette, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Annette

Annette Member

I came across a list of the 25 best destinations in India and Jaipur topped the list at #1. Linked with that article was another with almost 500 things you can do in Jaipur -- wow! Has anyone here traveled to Jaipur? Would you agree that it's one of the best places you can visit in India?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I have been to Jaipur atleast a dozen times and there is still plenty of stuff that I am yet to see. I completely agree that it is one of the best destinations in India if you are into palaces, forts and history.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jaipur is definitely one of the best cities to visit in India. Like you guys have mentioned, there's lots of places to see and things to do here. But for me, it is one of the best cities to visit in India because of the following reasons:
    • The locals are unlike any other. In every city or country I visit, it's a must for me to interact with the people. And the people in Jaipur are very friendly and hospitable. They won't treat you as a foreigner, it's almost like you're family to them which is very rare to experience, especially for tourists like me.
    • It's very colourful. It's not called the Pink City for nothing. But it has other colours besides pink, like for instance, it has lots of greeneries. Consider going to the Central Park and you'd know what I'm talking about. It is probably the largest and most colourful garden in Jaipur. There's lots of trees, plants and even birds.
    • There's lots to visit. Like you have said, there's lots of places to visit here. The first one would be the Amber Fort and Palace, made with red sandstones and marbles, its beauty will mesmerise you. There's even a view of the Maota Lake just behind it. Another one would be the Jal Mahal or the Water Palace. The four floors of the palace is underneath the lake when it's full, while the fifth floor can be seen on top of the water. It's definitely a must-visit place despite having to ride a boat to go there, it's worth it. The Abhaneri Step Well is another majestic building. It's supposed to reserve water during dry season during the ancient times. These are just my favourites, there's lots more to explore in Jaipur.
    • The delicious food! Try Choki Dani, Sodhani Sweets and Shankar Ke Namkeen. Or maybe explore other food stores and stalls within the place.
    • Nice weather almost all year round. Need I say more? Lol.
    It's also worth mentioning that it is one of the most highly rated cities in India. The infrastructures and buildings here are top notch and sturdy. The city also has one of the largest education hubs in India. And lastly, the housing options here are great for a significantly lower price than Delhi's housing units.

So there you go, this is why for me, Jaipur is one of the best cities to visit in India. If you have the chance, visit Jaipur and explore its many wonders.