1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KSTDC Tirupati package from Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Shaam, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Shaam

Shaam New Member

I am helping my mum obtain some information and thought to post my query on the forum would be the best thing to do.
    I need to find out for her the KSTDC Tirupati package from Bangalore and the details required are the actual details of the package such as the stops and the duration as well as the costs.

If any other information is required, I will be posting the questions later on.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Shaam, welcome to the forum!

The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) have the Tirupati Package from Bangalore. This is a one night, one day package which already includes the vehicle, the accommodation, the darshan ticket and the meals. Here are some more information about the package that you might need:

KSTDC Tirupati Package from Bangalore Schedule

TimeSchedule
    9:30 pmDeparture from Bangalore (Badami House)
    3:00 am to 5:00 amRest time at hotel in Tirupati
    5:15 am to 6:00 amDarshan at Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
    6:15 amBreakfast
    7:00 amChange of bus at Alipiri Transit Bus Stand
    8:00 am to 11:00 amDarshan at Venkateswara Temple
    11:00 am to 11:30 amShopping at Tirumala
    11:30 am to 12:30 pmJourney from Tirumala to Tirupati
    12:45 pmLunch
    2:00 pm to 8:00 pmJourney to Bangalore

So this is your schedule for this package, you start with Badami House in Bangalore. Journey duration to reach Tirupati is about six hours, more or less. Once you reach Tirupati, you would be staying at a hotel where you can freshen up, take a bath or change your clothes. Then, you would be taken for darshan at the Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple.

After that, you would have a quick breakfast and you would change buses. Once you reach the Venkateswara Temple, you can perform darshan here as well. You are given a few minutes of leisuire time in Tirumala, a quick lunch and then you'd be on your way back to Bangalore.

So you have two meals for this package, one for breakfast and one for lunch. You would be dining at Pongali Restaurant, a vegetarian cuisine eatery. If you have preferences, make sure that you contact the tour operator prior to your scheduled departure and pilgrimage. This way, they can vary the meals or even the restaurant for you. Do bring your own water and snacks in case you get hungry or thirsty along the way.

When it comes to transportation, you can opt for an AC Volvo bus or multi-axle bus. There should be a minimum of 12 travellers before the journey can commence though so it also depends on whether you have others going for darshan with you. These two modes of transportation have different gaps when it comes to the price though so it doesn't matter which one you choose.

Now, when it comes to the price, as mentioned above, it depends on what type of vehicle you choose. The AC Volvo bus costs Rs. 1,800 per person while the multi-axle bus costs Rs. 1,900 per person. You need to report to the boarding point in Bangalore at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure. For the change of buses though, you'd be riding a non air-conditioned bus from Tirupati to Tirumala and back to Tirupati.

For the accommodation, it is at a two-star hotel, named Hotel Bhimas Paradise. The room can accommodate up to 4 persons at a time. It has an attached bathroom, internet access, television and air-conditioning. However, your stay in the hotel is only for a short time, about two hours so you only have time to freshen up or rest before the darshan starts.

I hope this helps you.