1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Far Is Salem From Bangalore?

Discussion in 'South India' started by Lightbulb, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Lightbulb

Lightbulb New Member

I wish to go to Salem with my wife to visit a few of the famous temples there. I live in Bangalore so I need to know how far Salem is from Bangalore?

I would prefer driving rather than getting transport so if it is possible to drive from Bangalore to Salem please give me some guidance.

2. Travel Freak

Travel Freak New Member

The road distance from Bangalore to Salem is 206km and if you drive it would take you around 3 hours and 45 minutes going via NH 44.

Traveling on a bus from Bangalore to Salem would take you slightly longer, due to the moderate speeds, but for your information, if you do decide to travel in a bus it would take you about 4 hours and 30 minutes.

Taking a train from Bangalore to Salem is another option. The train is direct and leaves Bangalore Cantt (BNC) railway station and arrives at Salem Junction (SA) railway station in 3 hours and 45 minutes.

bangaluru to salem.jpg

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

The distance between Salem and Bangalore is 201.1 kilometers by road. The travel time is approximately 3 hours and 48 minutes. There are several ways to travel from Salem to Bangalore, including by car, bus, train, or flight.

By car, the fastest route is to take National Highway 44. This route will take you through the towns of Hosur, Krishnagiri, and Dharmapuri. The traffic on this route can be heavy, so it is important to allow plenty of time for your journey.

By bus, there are several daily departures from Salem to Bangalore. The travel time is approximately 4 hours. The buses are operated by government-run and private companies.

By train, there are several trains every day that travel between Salem and Bangalore. The travel time is approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. The trains are operated by the Indian Railways.

By flight, there are several daily flights that travel between Salem and Bangalore. The travel time is approximately 1 hour. The flights are operated by Air India, SpiceJet, and Go First.

The best way to travel from Salem to Bangalore will depend on your budget and your travel preferences. If you are looking for the fastest and most convenient option, then flying is the best choice. If you are on a budget, then taking the bus or train is a good option. If you enjoy driving, then taking a car is a good option.