Manali To Leh Bike Trip Itinerary

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Sneha, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Sneha

Sneha New Member

As the titles suggest I need a Manali to Leh bike trip itinerary and yes I am a girl, not something usual for a girl to do. I will be with another female friend and three other male friends who will start from Chandigarh and ride to Manali. This route has been taken many times, so it is easy, and we are familiar with the turns and bends.

We will be going beyond Manali for the first time so require help from other bikers who have gone to Leh, and I am sure there are lots.
    We need to know about the vital stops and petrol pumps as I believe there is a stretch towards Leh where there is no petrol pump for 320km, so please mention what part of the route that is at.

As we will be on bikes and it's our first time for going beyond Manali we would rather take the trip slow so are welcome to as many night halts and the rest would also help with our bodies getting used to the oxygen levels.

It would great if the distance between each destination is also mentioned it would help with trip a lot.

Thanks members.

2. Akshay

Akshay Member

Itinerary from Manali to Leh

Day 1 - Manali to Rohtang Pass to Keylong, distance of 115 km

Day 2 - Keylong to Baralacha Pass to Sarchu, distance of 107 km

Day 3 - Sarchu to Leh, distance of 250 km

Day 4 - Leh to Khardung La Pass, distance of 39 km

Day 5 - Leh to Pangong Lake, distance of 140 km

Day 6 -Pangong to Tso Kar Lake, distance of 110 km

Day 7 - Tsokhar to Jispa, distance of 235 km

Day 8 - Jispa to Manali, distance of 138 km

Petrol pumps from Manali to Leh
    Manali
    Tandi
    Upshi (petrol pump may have been closed)
    Karu
    Shey
    Leh

The long distance where you would not find any petrol pump is from Tandi to Karu and the distance between the destinations is 345km. So it is vital that you refuel your bike at Tandi.

You can also have a look at the thread Leh Ladakh Bike trip itinerary which is a different itinerary and starts from Delhi to Leh via Srinagar.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016