1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Map Manali To Leh To Srinagar

Discussion in 'North India' started by Suvansh, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Suvansh

Suvansh New Member

I would like to do a 15-day tour in Himachal Pradesh and J&K which would consist of going to Leh, Srinagar, and Manali. I would be spending at least 5 days at each destination and the additional days would be spent on travel. As I am from Chandigarh my first destination would be Manali after which I would go to Leh then Srinagar.

One of the worst things is getting lost or getting on the wrong route, and I need some guidance on the route with a road map, which would be from Manali to Leh to Srinagar. Although in such advanced technology times we have the good old GPS, but when going to hilly areas I can not really trust the connection, so I would rather be safe by getting a road map.

If there is an actual road map available (as in an image) that would be fantastic but written directions will be fine.

There are some famous places to eat on the way to Manali, Leh and Srinagar I am not too sure where these are but they are quite famous, so if you know of them please give the details.

2. KK

KK Member

A map has been posted for indication, plus written directions have also been mentioned with better details of the route to follow.

upload_2016-5-3_9-41-6.png

Manali – Rohtang Jot - Gramphu - Kokhsar - Tandi - Keylong - Jispa - Darcha – Zingzingbar - Baralacha La - Bharatpur - Sarchu (state border) - Gata Loops - Nakee La - Lachulung La - Pang - More Plains - Tanglang La - Gya - Upshi - Karu - Leh

On the way from Chandigarh to Manali stop at the Bheemu Dhaba, which is just past the Mandi bus stop. Another place to stop at is Mayur Dhaba, which is in Harabagh.

From ahead of Manali towards Leh there are dhabas you would find but nothing of that is famous, but all serve good quality and hygienic food. A list of places where you would find dhabas are Khoksar, Keylong, Jispa, Darcha, Bharatpur Tent City, Sarchu, Pang, Upshi. Please keep in mind the further you go the less dhabas you would find.

From Leh to Srinagar you can stop at Khalste for the Sun and Moon Garden Restuarant and The War Memorial Cafe at Dras. When you reach Kargil, you will find many places to eat.

3. Destiny

Destiny Member

Wow! The person above me pretty much has you covered there. But, a little tip. In India, road maps are still popular. You should be able to find them at pretty much anywhere tourists frequent.

4. Deven

Deven Member

The road from Manali to Leh to Srinagar is a popular route among tourists and adventure seekers. Here is a road map that will guide you on your journey:

1. Manali to Keylong: The journey starts from Manali, and the first stop is Keylong, which is 115 km away. The road is mostly uphill and winds through scenic mountain passes like Rohtang Pass.

2. Keylong to Jispa: From Keylong, the next stop is Jispa, which is 22 km away. The road passes through several small villages and along the banks of the Bhaga River.

3. Jispa to Sarchu: The next destination is Sarchu, which is 85 km from Jispa. The road passes through the Baralacha La pass, which is at an altitude of 4,890 meters.

4. Sarchu to Leh: From Sarchu, the road passes through the Gata Loops, which is a series of 21 hairpin bends, and reaches Tanglang La, which is at an altitude of 5,328 meters. The road then descends into Leh, which is 250 km away.

5. Leh to Kargil: The next stop is Kargil, which is 220 km away from Leh. The road passes through the Zoji La pass, which is at an altitude of 3,528 meters.

6. Kargil to Sonamarg: From Kargil, the road leads to Sonamarg, which is 130 km away. The road passes through Drass, which is known as the second coldest inhabited place in the world.

7. Sonamarg to Srinagar: The last destination is Srinagar, which is 80 km away from Sonamarg. The road passes through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the Himalayas.