1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manali to Leh by road

Discussion in 'North India' started by RRohit, Dec 2, 2016.

1. RRohit

RRohit New Member

I am going to Manali from Delhi for a break and also visit some friends who live there. I am thinking of maybe going to Leh from there by car as I hear the scenery is beautiful on the way to Leh, and I would love to stop on the way to take some pictures and observe the place.

I would like to get some suggestions from users on what they think about going from Manali to Leh by road.

2. Karan

Karan Member

There are lots of people who travel from Manali to Leh, so it is a good idea to go.

The other route is via Srinagar but just like you people choose the Manali to Leh route for the scenery.

You will come across a lot of halts but the one you should stop at is Sarchu. Sarachu offers a lot of accommodation options and is near enough halfway from Manali to Leh which would make the journey easy for you.

Remember to leave Manali a bit early so that you travel during the daylight hours to view the scenery.

Enjoy your journey....:)

Admin likes this.

3. RRohit

RRohit New Member

Would you have some idea of how long it would take to reach Leh from Manali?

If I need to stop at places which places would you suggest stopping at?