1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Srinagar To Leh By Road Time

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Sacchin, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Sacchin

Sacchin New Member

I am planning a trip to Srinagar from Delhi which would be easy and plus I would have a friend who would be driving as well.
    He will be dropped off in Srinagar and I will make my way forward to Leh. I have heard the road from Srinagar to Leh is not quite easy, and it is quite a distance. I would like to know what the Srinagar to Leh by road time is?

Please reply only if you have personally been on this journey and not just give guesses to the road time.

rajneesh kumar likes this.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

The distance from Srinagar to Leh is approximately 435km and this journey can take anything from 12-15 hours.

The route that you would follow from Srinagar to Leh would be as follows:

Srinagar – Sonmarg – Zozi La – Drass – Kargil – Mulbek – Lamayaru – Saspol – Leh.

3. Deven

Deven Member

The distance from Srinagar to Leh via the NH1 and Leh-Srinagar Highway is approximately 434 kilometers (270 miles). The travel time by road from Srinagar to Leh can vary depending on factors such as weather, traffic, and road conditions.

Typically, it takes around 10-12 hours to cover the distance from Srinagar to Leh by road. However, it is important to note that the journey involves navigating steep and winding mountain roads with a high altitude, which can make the journey quite challenging. It is recommended to take regular breaks and acclimatize to the altitude to avoid altitude sickness. Additionally, it is advisable to check weather conditions and road closures before embarking on the journey, as the route can be affected by snow and landslides, particularly during the winter months.