1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirik Town

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Shaka, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Shaka

Shaka New Member

I was looking through some of your images on the site. One caught my eye. It is a beautiful image of Mirik Town. The town looks rather small. Is there anything around this area to see and do? What can you visit or see in Mirik Town?

2. Andre

Andre New Member

This looks like a nice town to visit. I loved the huts on the beach. I think if you wanted to relax for the day this would be the ideal location. Out of the way, attractive, and a great place to have a picnic.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I would recommend visiting:

1. Sumendu Lake. This is the perfect place for boating, with just the right environment and serenity as well. It also has an arched bridge perfect for lovers.;p

2. Bokar Monastery. This is located at the highest spot in Mirik Town. Tourists love watching the sunrise and sunset here.

3. Orange Orchards. What's more beautiful than seeing oranges after oranges after oranges?

Enjoy!

amelia88 likes this.
  4. Tamboa

Tamboa New Member

From the descriptions, this sounds like a perfect travel destination. A lake, bridge, beautiful monastery, and vast orchards, all add up to a picture-perfect vacation.

5. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

Mirik Town, is located in Darjeeling district of Westbengal. It is one of the best tourist destinations known in India. Some of the best places to see around Mirik Town is Sumendu Lake, Rameetay Dara, Tea Gardens, Don Bosco Church and much more.

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

It would be cool if the orchards there were open to the public to pick your own fresh fruit! I have done that at other places before on vacation and it was surprisingly fun! I wonder if they offer that anywhere in Mirik Town?

briannagodess likes this.
  7. Tamboa

Tamboa New Member

The best part of oranges (after the fruit) is the flowers. If you can go there when the trees are in bloom, the scent is overwhelmingly wonderful.

amelia88 likes this.
  8. George

George Member

Oranges you say. Wow amazing to look at oranges after oranges. This sound romantic. Furthermore, sunsets. Now that is one thing I enjoy so much. Watching the sunset around the world. You can't say you've visited a country until you've seen the sunset there.

9. Arianne

Arianne Member

I think the monastery would be an interesting place to visit. Do they have tours of it? I have this fascination with churches, they have this amazing architecture that I love. Seems to me that India is full of these types of things to see.

10. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Yep, they're open to the public. Here in our country, there are lots of farms that offer such things as well. We can pick our own strawberries, grapes and even pineapples. Yum! There's nothing better than picking your own fresh fruits.:)