1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mumbai to Singapore flight time

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by MiteshLal, Dec 11, 2016.

1. MiteshLal

MiteshLal New Member

I have some guests arriving in Mumbai, but during the same time I need to fly out to Singapore. I have to yet booked my flight, and I need some idea of the Mumbai to Singapore flight time, so I can decide whether it would be feasible for me to take a flight which wouldn't clash with my families arrival if it does then I would consider going after all the guests arrive.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Overview

There are over 400 flights every week from Mumbai to Singapore. Different airline companies operate a few flights in a week for this route, Jet Airways, Indigo, Malaysia Airlines, Air India, Singapore Airlines and many more. Flight time or flight duration differs though depending on the airline or flight that you get. Some flights don't have any stopovers and flight time or duration is merely 5 hours and 30 minutes. Other flights have stopovers, or layovers, making the flight time longer, from 7 hours and sometimes even up to 36 hours. These flights are not really value for your money and you're better off booking the shorter duration flights. They are more affordable and won't require you to stay long at one airport or another.

Flights from Mumbai to Singapore

1. Jet Airways - Let's begin with Jet Airways, which has plenty of flights for this route. If money is an issue, they also offer the most affordable flights and further, they have nonstop flights too. You do need to book a ticket well in advance as the closer you get to your scheduled departure, the higher the ticket rates would be.

Jet Airways Flights from Mumbai to Singapore

Flight NumberDeparture TimeFlight Time/DurationFare
    9W 1010:005 hours and 30 minutesRs. 16,620
    9W 121:455 hours and 25 minutesRs. 17,700
    9W 487 + 9W 16 (1 Stop)20:3010 hours and 30 minutesRs. 19,676
    9W 339 + 9W 18 (1 Stop)3:0012 hours and 40 minutesRs. 27,488
    9W 353 + 9W 18 (1 Stop)17:0022 hours and 40 minutesRs. 40,726
    The first two flights are nonstop flights, with flight times not exceeding 5 hours and 30 minutes. Their fare rates also don't exceed Rs. 18,000 and they usually have daily schedules. The last three flights have one stop, the third one stopping over at Chennai and the last two stopping over at New Delhi. Only choose these flights if you don't have any choice and you're booking at the last minute. As you can see, their flight times are over 10 hours and even reaches 22 hours for the last flight.

2. Indigo - We now go to Indigo but do keep in mind that they don't have nonstop flights. Although their fares are on the mid-range, you would still have a stopover in Chennai thereby increasing your flight time.

Indigo Flights from Mumbai to Singapore

6E 279 + 6E 5314:4011 hours and 30 minutesRs. 20,886
    6E 431 + 6E 539:5016 hours and 20 minutesRs. 21,686
    For Indigo, they have two flights for this route but both have flight times of over 11 hours. Fares are below Rs. 22,000 though so still acceptable. For the first flight, the layover in Chennai is only for 5 hours but for the second flight, the layover in Chennai is about 10 hours.

3. Malaysia Airlines - Malaysia Airlines only has one scheduled aircraft for this route and it has a stopover in Kuala Lumpur. Fares are on the mid-range as well but the layover isn't too long as well.

Malaysia Airlines Flight from Mumbai to Singapore

MH 187 + MH 6032:008 hours and 25 minutesRs. 23,721
    The layover in Kuala Lumpur is merely 1 hour and 55 minutes. The flight time/duration is also not that long at 8 hours and 25 minutes. This is a good choice too when choosing options for flights from Mumbai to Singapore.

4. Air India - Air India has three flights from Mumbai to Singapore. Fares are on the higher side though especially if you compare them to Jet Airways. The good thing about this airline is that they also have a nonstop flight from Mumbai to Singapore.

Air India Flights from Mumbai to Singapore

AI 34223:505 hours and 25 minutesRs. 26,449
    AI 774 + AI 726120:5029 hours and 25 minutesRs. 46,734
    AI 310 + CX 69120:0013 hours and 25 minutesRs. 148,054
    The first one is the nonstop flight from Mumbai to Singapore. It has a flight time of 5 hours and 25 minutes only and fare is at Rs. 26,449. The last two flights have stopovers and cost much more. The second flight has a stopover in Kolkata for 22 hours and 45 minutes. The third flight, also the most expensive, has a stopover in Hong Kong for 1 hour and 40 minutes. As you can also see, the last flight, would connect you to a Cathay Pacific aircraft.

5. Singapore Airlines- Finally, we have the Singapore Airlines, which has two flights operating from Mumbai to Singapore. Both are nonstop flights too so they are also good choices for those who hate waiting during layovers.

Singapore Airlines Flights from Mumbai to Singapore

SQ 42323:355 hours and 25 minutesRs. 39,472
    SQ 42111:505 hours and 30 minutesRs. 19,617
    Both have daily schedules and directly arrive in the Singapore International Airport. The second flight is more affordable though at Rs. 19,617 per passenger.

Conclusion

Flight time from Mumbai to Singapore really depends on the flight you have booked. If you get a nonstop flight, flight time would be around 5 hours and 30 minutes only. Jet Airways, Air India and Singapore Airlines all have nonstop flights. The remaining airlines only have connecting flights so you have to spend some time in another airport. Plus, your flight time would be increases, from 7 hours, to 8 hours and sometimes reaching 20 hours or more. Thus, choose carefully which flight is the best one for you, as you wouldn't want to waste precious time in layovers. I hope this helps!

:)